Henry County Court Documents
This collection contains about 30 documents from Henry County, Tenn., dated from the 1900s through the 1930s. These include warrants, promissory notes, replevins, magistrate's subpoenas and execution, an attachment, a bail bond, and a property description. Some of the signatures are of Justices of the Peace T. L. Williford, J. D. Morris, R. W. Lyon, and G. M. Street, as well as deputy sheriffs J. T. Ellison, G. E. Jackson, and W. E. Etheridge. Defendants and plaintiffs include A. B. & L. V. [Sturdivent], Ray Moore, S. Calhoun & Co., M. D. Valentine, D. R. & J. W. Cooper, Evans & [Jird] Henry, Conward Sykes, W. D. & J. E. Kuykendall, etc.
- 1905-1939 (bulk 1920s)
Conditions Governing Access
Collections are stored offsite, and a minimum of 2 business days are needed to retrieve these items for use. Researchers interested in consulting any of the collections are advised to contact Special Collections.
Conditions Governing Use
The copyright interests in this collection remain with the creator. For more information, contact the Special Collections Library.
0.1 Linear Feet
This collection contains about 30 documents from Henry County, Tenn., dated from the 1900s through the 1930s. These include warrants, promissory notes, replevins, magistrate's subpoenas and execution, an attachment, a bail bond, and a property description.
On November 7, 1821, the Tennessee General Assembly created Henry County, named in honor of Revolutionary War statesman Patrick Henry. The Henry County Court House was erected in 1823 in Paris, West Tennessee's oldest incorporated municipality. The county counted 31,115 residents in the 2000 census.
Collection contains 27 documents in a single folder.
Collection was purchased in January 2006 by the UT Special Collections Library.
Part of the Betsey B. Creekmore Special Collections and University Archives, University of Tennessee, Knoxville Repository
University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Knoxville TN 37996 USA