Portrait of McKee School Teachers
This collection contains one glass slide photograph of the teachers at McKee School in Nashville, ca. 1865.
There are five white women and one white man. Back row, left to right: Mrs. Ada McKee, Miss Jennie Huddleson, and Miss Mollie Huddleson. Front row, left to right: Miss Nannie McKee, J. G. McKee, and Miss Aggie Wallace. (Identification from the Album of Knoxville College and other missions among the Freedmen of the United Presbyterian Church in UT Special Collections, Rare Books Division, Call number BX8952.A42 1901.)
- circa 1865
Conditions Governing Access
Collections are stored offsite, and a minimum of 2 business days are needed to retrieve these items for use. Researchers interested in consulting any of the collections are advised to contact Special Collections.
Conditions Governing Use
The copyright interests in this collection remain with the creator. For more information, contact the Special Collections Library.
0.1 Linear Feet
This collection contains one glass slide photograph of the teachers at McKee School in Nashville, ca. 1865. There are five white women and one white man.
In 1862, the Reverend O. S. McKee established the McKee School in Nashville, Tenn., for African-Americans, under the Freedmen's Mission of the United Presbyterian Church. In 1875, the school relocated to Knoxville, Tenn., and became Knoxville College. The college still serves Knoxville as a liberal arts institution.
Collection consists of one glass slide.
Collection purchased by the UT Special Collections Library in January 2007.