Skip to main content

SCOUT

Special Collections Online at UT

University of Tennessee Development Photographs

 Collection
Identifier: AR-0404

This collection houses photographs printed in the Tennessee Alumnus and the Torchbearer or otherwise used for development purposes between 1958 and 1995.

Dates

  • 1958-1995

Conditions Governing Access

Collections are stored offsite, and a minimum of 2 business days are needed to retrieve these items for use. Researchers interested in consulting any of the collections are advised to contact Special Collections.

Conditions Governing Use

The copyright interests in this collection remain with the creator. For more information, contact the Special Collections Library.

Extent

4 Linear Feet

Abstract

This collection houses photographs printed in the Tennessee Alumnus and the Torchbearer or otherwise used for development purposes between 1958 and 1995.

Biographical/Historical Note

The University of Tennessee's Alumni Association is one of the oldest in the country, having begun in 1836 at a meeting of Blount College and East Tennessee College graduates. The Association was formally established in 1874 at East Tennessee University (now the University of Tennessee). Regional offices, primarily located in Tennessee, developed during the late 19th and early 20th centuries and flourished under the presidency of James D. Hoskins. The Association was reorganized in 1969 in order to include graduates from all campuses and institutes and today claims more than 300,000 members.

Arrangement

This collection consists of four boxes.

Acquisition Note

These records are the property of the University of Tennessee's Archives.

Repository Details

Part of the Betsey B. Creekmore Special Collections and University Archives, University of Tennessee, Knoxville Repository

Contact:
University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Knoxville TN 37996 USA
865-974-4480