Faculty Women's Club and Newcomer's Club Collection
This collection houses official papers, minutes, and a scrapbook documenting the Faculty Women's Club and the Newcomer's Club between 1938 and 1992. The minutes, most of which were created by the Newcomer's Club, detail decisions made, officers elected, and events sponsored. The minute books also contain newspaper clippings of announcements for and photographs of Faculty Women's Club and Newcomer's Club events. Additionally, the collection houses a scrapbook of newsletters, photographs, calendars, and flyers showing the Faculty Women's Club from 1991 to 1992 and several miscellaneous official documents.
Conditions Governing Access
Collections are stored offsite, and a minimum of 2 business days are needed to retrieve these items for use. Researchers interested in consulting any of the collections are advised to contact Special Collections.
Conditions Governing Use
The copyright interests in this collection remain with the creator. For more information, contact the Special Collections Library.
1 Linear Feet
This collection houses official papers, minutes, and a scrapbook documenting the Faculty Women's Club and the Newcomer's Club between 1938 and 1992.
The Faculty Women's Club was founded in 1912 by Katie Allen (Anderson) Ayres (wife of UT President Brown Ayres) in hopes of helping University faculty women and wives of faculty members and administrators become better acquainted. The Newcomer's Club served similar purposes for women faculty members and wives who had been affiliated with the University for fewer than two years.
Collection consists of thirteen folders.
Sharon Littlepage donated this collection to the University of Tennessee Archives.