East Tennessee Female Institute Journal of Trustees
This journal outlines the proceedings of the trustees of the Knoxville Female Academy (later the East Tennessee Female Institute) from 1827 to 1907. Legal papers (indexed on an envelope in the back of the journal) and the minutes from June 1, 1900 have been removed to appropriate housing.
Conditions Governing Access
Collections are stored offsite, and a minimum of 2 business days are needed to retrieve these items for use. Researchers interested in consulting any of the collections are advised to contact Special Collections.
Conditions Governing Use
The copyright interests in this collection remain with the creator. For more information, contact Special Collections.
0.2 Linear Feet (1 box)
This journal outlines the proceedings of the trustees of the Knoxville Female Academy (later the East Tennessee Female Institute) from 1827 to 1907.
The Knoxville Female Academy was established in 1827 with John Davis as its first principal. In 1846, the Academy became the East Tennessee Female Institute.
This collection consists of a single box.
Hugh Lawson McClung donated this ledger to Special Collections.