Skip to main content

SCOUT

Special Collections Online at The University of Tennessee

Anderson County Documents

 Collection
Identifier: MS-1411

This collection houses three documents pertaining to tracts of land bought and sold in Anderson County, Tennessee. The first document, dated June 25, 1810, is an indenture for 200 acres of land that Ely Norman sold to Elizabeth Fleener for $60. The second document, dated 1815 and unclear due to water damage, is an indenture for a tract of land sold by Thomas Wilson. The third document, dated February 15, 1839, describes a transaction in which P. Obediah Ashlock sold 150 acres of land to Joseph Alldredge.

Dates

  • 1810 June 25-1839 February 15

Conditions Governing Access

Collections are stored offsite, and a minimum of 2 business days are needed to retrieve these items for use. Researchers interested in consulting any of the collections are advised to contact Special Collections.

Conditions Governing Use

The copyright interests in this collection remain with the creator. For more information, contact the Special Collections Library.

Extent

0.1 Linear Feet (1 folder)

Abstract

This collection houses three documents pertaining to tracts of land bought and sold in Anderson County, Tennessee. The first document, dated June 25, 1810, is an indenture for 200 acres of land that Ely Norman sold to Elizabeth Fleener for $60. The second document, dated 1815 and unclear due to water damage, is an indenture for a tract of land sold by Thomas Wilson. The third document, dated February 15, 1839, describes a transaction in which P. Obediah Ashlock sold 150 acres of land to Joseph Alldredge.

Biographical/Historical Note

Anderson County, Tennessee was created from portions of Knox and Grainger Counties on November 6, 1801. It is named after Joseph Anderson (1757-1837), a territorial judge and United States Senator who served the state from 1797 until 1815.

Arrangement

This collection consists of a single folder.

Acquisition Note

Special Collections purchased these documents in October of 1987.

Repository Details

Part of the Betsey B. Creekmore Special Collections and University Archives, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville Repository

Contact:
The University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Knoxville TN 37996 USA
865-974-4480