Skip to main content

SCOUT

Special Collections Online at The University of Tennessee

Abingdon Presbytery Extract of Minutes Regarding Reverend Andrew S. Morrison

 Collection
Identifier: MS-1788

This extract from the Abingdon Presbytery's minutes indicates that the Reverend Andrew S. Morrison presented an extract from the Union Presbytery's minutes recording his dismissal from that organization and his instructions to attach himself to the Abingdon Presbytery. Upon presenting the document, Morrison was received as a member in good standing and invited to take his seat.

Dates

  • 1822 October 7

Conditions Governing Access

Collections are stored offsite, and a minimum of 2 business days are needed to retrieve these items for use. Researchers interested in consulting any of the collections are advised to contact Special Collections.

Conditions Governing Use

The copyright interests in this collection remain with the creator. For more information, contact the Special Collections Library.

Extent

0.1 Linear Feet (one folder)

Abstract

This extract from the Abingdon Presbytery's minutes indicates that the Reverend Andrew S. Morrison presented an extract from the Union Presbytery's minutes recording his dismissal from that organization and his instructions to attach himself to the Abingdon Presbytery. Upon presenting the document, Morrison was received as a member in good standing and invited to take his seat.

Biographical/Historical Note

The Abingdon Presbytery was transferred from the Synod of North Carolina to the Synod of Virginia in 1803 and again from the Synod of Virginia to the Synod of Tennessee in 1825. The Presbyterian Church in Kingsport, Tennessee (then called the Boatyard) was established in 1820 with Reverend A. Campbell as its pastor. Reverend Andrew S. Morrison succeeded him in 1822 and served until about 1830, during which time a church building was constructed.

Arrangement

This collection consists of a single folder.

Acquisition Note

Special Collections purchased this item.

Digitized Materials

This collection was digitized as part of the Tennessee Documentary History project. These digital materials can be accessed through the project’s webpage located at http://diglib.lib.utk.edu/cgi/t/text/text-idx?c=tdh;cc=tdh;tpl=home.tpl

Repository Details

Part of the Betsey B. Creekmore Special Collections and University Archives, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville Repository

Contact:
The University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Knoxville TN 37996 USA
865-974-4480