Skip to main content

SCOUT

Special Collections Online at The University of Tennessee

James S. Robinson Apothecary Prescription Ledger

 Collection
Identifier: MS-2100

This bound ledger contains approximately 2,250 prescriptions written by Memphis physicians and veterinarians in 1898. The prescriptions themselves are mounted in groups of 8 to 10 per page.

Interested researchers may also wish to consult MS.3298: James S. Robinson Apothecary Prescription Ledger, 1893 May 2-1893 June 7.

Dates

  • 1898

Conditions Governing Access

Collections are stored offsite, and a minimum of 2 business days are needed to retrieve these items for use. Researchers interested in consulting any of the collections are advised to contact Special Collections.

Conditions Governing Use

The copyright interests in this collection remain with the creator. For more information, contact the Special Collections Library.

Extent

1 Linear Feet

Abstract

This bound ledger contains approximately 2,250 prescriptions written by Memphis physicians and veterinarians in 1898. The prescriptions themselves are mounted in groups of 8 to 10 per page.

Biographical/Historical Note

The James S. Robinson Apothecary was one of the oldest pharmacies in Memphis, Tennessee. It began business during the Civil War and remained a vital part of the region through the early twentieth century.

Arrangement

This collection consists of a single box.

Acquisition Note

The University of Tennessee Libraries, Knoxville, Special Collections purchased this ledger.

Repository Details

Part of the Betsey B. Creekmore Special Collections and University Archives, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville Repository

Contact:
The University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Knoxville TN 37996 USA
865-974-4480