Showing Collections: 21 - 40 of 45
Henry Faulkner Collection
This is a collection of Henry Faulkner's poetry, correspondence and records, both personal and business, as well as interviews, newspaper clippings, and official documents collected by Charles House.
James Agee and David McDowell Papers
Collection of material documenting the work of David McDowell especially as it relates to author James Agee. One portion of this collection houses material that McDowell gathered for his unfinished biography of Agee. The other portion contains items showing McDowell's career in the publishing industry.
James Agee Letter Reviewing Randall Jarrell Book
This collection contains a single letter written on February 3, 1954, in New York by James Agee and sent to a "Mr. Vaudrin." In the letter, Agee gives his opinion on a book that he was sent written by Randall Jarrell. The letter is a single typed paged and includes Agee's signature in pencil.
James Agee Letters
Two letters written by James Agee to Henry Steig and Lincoln Kirstein.
James Agee Manuscript Collection
This collection includes personal and professional material of James Agee's including correspondence, personal papers, literary manuscripts, screenplays, novels, and other publications as well as photographs and cassette readings of his works.
James Agee Photographs
This collection consists of two black and white portrait photographs of James Agee taken by Florence Homolka.
Jesse Hill Ford Letter
This 1976 letter from Jesse Hill Ford to Saint Harold Seligman, Esq., includes information about his and his wife's time in the Caribbean, their schedule, and Mary Jane and Edward, the lawyer, Kohrs.
John C. Hunt Letter
This January 21, 1940, letter from John C. Hunt to his partner/spouse Terrell contains his reaction to the book Look Homeward, Angel! by Thomas Wolfe and an expression of his feelings towards Terrell.
Kathryn Worth Correspondence
Kathryn Worth wrote nineteen of the letters and cards in this collection to her publicist and friend Helen Fay. In them, she thanks Fay for her work and her kindness, tells stories about her daughter Josephine, and occasionally refers to her books. One letter, dated February 13, 1949, refuses a visit from Fay due to intense spiritual struggle beyond her inherent shyness. The collection also houses a letter from Esther to Fay dated June 22, 1960.
Margaret Gray and Smiley Blanton Papers
This collection houses published works, manuscripts, correspondence, research notes, clippings, and photographs documenting the lives and works of Margaret Gray and Smiley Blanton. Topics include speech disorders in children, religion and psychiatry, Bernadette of Lourdes, St. Thomas à Becket, and Eliza Johnson.
Marilou Awiakta Papers
This collection consists of materials documenting author Marilou Awiakta's professional and personal life.
Patrick Brady Papers
This collection consists primarily of Patrick Brady's writings and publications. He was particularly interested in period style, structuralism, archetypal theory, psychoanalysis, transactional analysis, group behavior theory, feminism, multiculturalism, catastrophe theory, chaos and complexity theory, and control theory and published extensively on the Rococo style, Zola, and Proust. The collection also houses a body of Brady's correspondence, slides, and other materials.
Ports and Happy Havens: An Autobiography
This collection consists primarily of a typescript of Alwin Thaler's Ports and Happy Havens: An Autobiography. Also included are a poem entitled The Man of the Hour (1911) and a program for Thaler's lecture to Phi Kappa Phi (entitled "Shakespeare and Our World").
Richard Marius Literary Collection
This collection consists of partial and complete manuscript copies of author Richard Marius' first novels: The Coming of Rain, Luther, Once in Arcadia (published as After the War), and Bound for the Promised Land.
Robert Drake Essays on Flannery O'Connor
This collection consists of several early and published versions of Robert Drake essays on author Flannery O'Connor.
Robert V. Steele / Lately Thomas Papers
This collection contains materials used in the preparation of books published by Robert V. Steele under the pseudonym Lately Thomas. Included are extensive notes, both longhand and typewritten, clippings, books and pamphlets, printer's copies, galley proofs, and correspondence.
Robert W. Daniel Letters
This collection includes 11 handwritten and typed letters from 1937-1953. The earliest letters, from the 1930s, are addressed to Henry J. W. Milley and are in relation to his work on English author Wilkie Collins. The remaining letters are addressed to Robert W. Daniel about his work. Notable correspondents to Daniel include American authors Eudora Welty, Allen Tate, and John Crowe Ransom.
This collection consits of a typed manuscript of Iris G. Oster's story, Skyline (1933). Also included are some photographs and newspaper clippings.
Ted Malone and Harold Bell Wright Letters to Christina Scott
Collection contains three letters; one type-written and two handwritten, addressed to Christina Scott. The letters are responses to fan mail that Scott sent to Ted Malone, a radio broadcaster, and Harold Wright, an author.
Ted P. Yeatman Papers
- Authors, American -- 20th century. 28
- Women authors, American -- 20th century. 8
- American literature -- 20th century. 7
- Authors, American -- Southern States. 6
- Authors, American -- Tennessee. 6
- Women authors, American -- 20th century -- Correspondence. 6
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Correspondence. 5
- Agee, James, 1909-1955 -- Correspondence. 3
- American literature -- Southern States. 3
- Women authors, American -- Tennessee. 3
- Agee, James, 1909-1955 -- Manuscripts. 2
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Criticism and interpretation. 2
- Oral history -- United States. 2
- Short stories, American -- Tennessee. 2
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Faculty. 2
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. 2
- African American authors. 1
- American literature -- Women authors. 1
- Artists -- Southern States. 1
- Australia -- In literature. 1
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Portraits. 1
- Authors, Australian -- 20th century. 1
- Authors, English -- 19th century. 1
- Blount Mansion (Knoxville, Tenn.) 1
- Cherokee Indians -- Tennessee -- History. 1
- College teachers -- Connecticut. 1
- College teachers -- Tennessee. 1
- Cumberland Gap (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Fort Sanders, Battle of, Knoxville, Tenn., 1863. 1
- French language -- Study and teaching. 1
- French prose literature. 1
- Haley, Alex. Roots. 1
- Historians -- United States -- Biography. 1
- Letters. 1
- Motion pictures -- United States. 1
- O'Connor, Flannery -- Criticism and interpretation. 1
- Periodicals -- Publishing. 1
- Professional associations. 1
- Protestantism -- History. 1
- Psychologists -- United States. 1
- Rococo literature. 1
- Stuttering in children. 1
- Tennessee -- Fiction. 1
- Tennessee, East -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Universities and colleges -- Faculty. 1
- Wolfe, Thomas, 1900-1938 -- Criticism and interpretation. 1
- Wolfe, Thomas, 1900-1938. Look homeward, angel. 1
- Women authors, American -- Southern States. 1
- Women authors, American. 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Tennessee -- Fiction. 1
- Yale University -- Faculty. 1 ∧ less