Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Collection contains a single mounted photograph of the 1912 Lane College baseball team. The image depicts thirteen African American men including ten uniformed players and three men in suits. This photograph belonged to Arthur Riley, the catcher for the team. On the back of the mounting, the names of the players and their positions are written.
A single typescript biography of University of Tennessee Engineering Dean and athlete Nathan W. Dougherty written by his eldest daughter, Marie Dougherty Wellborn. The text provides an extensive and intimate look at Dougherty's life as a student, athlete, professor, coach, dean, and father.
This collection houses galley proofs of manuscripts, notes, articles, speeches, and correspondence documenting N. W. Dougherty's activities after he retired from the University of Tennessee in 1956, including his long association with the Southeastern Conference (SEC). Of particular interest are a group of materials (Box 2, Folder 1) showing Dougherty's induction into the National Football Foundation and Hall of Fame in 1967.
- African American college students -- Tennessee. 1
- African Americans -- Tennessee. 1
- College sports -- Southern States -- Management. 1
- Engineering -- Vocational guidance. 1
- Football -- Southern States -- History. 1
- Jackson (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Alumni and alumnae. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Faculty. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Sports. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. -- Department of Athletics -- History 1 ∧ less