Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
This collection contains seven land deeds and six land grants from Knox County and, specifically, Knoxville, Tennessee. Two of the land grants are signed by governors of Tennessee, William Carroll in 1839 and William B. Campbell in 1852. Another land grant is signed by John Sevier. Two clerks, M. S. Patterson and R. A. Brown signed the Clerk and Master's Deeds.
This collection contains copies of deeds of university property dating from 1795-1927, with contracts listing who the property was bought from, when, and the conditions of the transaction. The deeds include landmark additions: acquisitions from Blount College, various farm properties, the president's home, and athletic fields. Digital surrogates are online in the TRACE Repository.
This collection consists of two letters, three deeds belonging to John J. Daturic, and two monthly reports from the Knoxville Business College of R. A. Anderson. Daturic bought and sold real estate in Knox County. These materials span from circa 1877-1890.