Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
This collection consists of a typescript copy of the essay Confederate History of Hawkins County, Tennessee.
This collection includes a letter written by H. G. Wax to ‘Cousin App.' It is dated February 25, 1865 and from Mill Bend located in Hawkins County, Tennessee.
Henry Huddle wrote the majority of the letters in this collection to his cousin, Isaac N. Huddle, between October 20, 1871 and April 13, 1877. In them, he discusses his move to Hawkins County, Tennessee, purchasing a farm and a home, his crops, local events, his family's health, and the settling of various debts. N. B. Studebaker wrote the final letter to Isaac Huddle on October 30, 1885 to request that Huddle ship two crates of cabbage and to ask after Huddle's family.
This collection consists of genealogical information documenting John Lee, Esquire of Johnston County, North Carolina and his son Captain Thomas Lee of Hawkins County, Tennessee.
"The Beals of Hawkins County, Tennessee and Related Lines of Bertram (Portrum), Bogar, Booth, Kuefer (Kiefer) and Lilburn"
In this manuscript, Dixie Lee McCrary enumerates some of John Nicholas Beal's descendants, focusing primarily on Beal's son, also named John, who settled in Hawkins County, Tennessee in the early 1900s. McCrary draws on public and church records from Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, and Tennessee and includes photocopies of some of these documents in her final work. This manuscript was later published as The Beals of Hawkins County.
Reverend Thomas Stringfield wrote this letter to the Reverend J. C. Bingham and Dr. Noah Levings from Bean's Station (Grainger County) Tennessee on April 19, 1846. In it, he reports on his activities as an itinerant Methodist preacher in East Tennessee and Western North Carolina, including the sermons he has preached, the Bible Societies he has founded, and the Bibles he has distributed in such places as Bean's Station (Tennessee), Asheville (North Carolina), and Jonesboro (Tennessee).
- Buncombe County (N.C.) -- History. 1
- Genealogy. 1
- Grainger County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Hawkins County (Tenn.) -- Genealogy. 1
- Johnson County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Johnston County (N.C.) -- Genealogy. 1
- Maury County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Methodists -- Tennessee. 1
- Rhea County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Scott County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Sullivan County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Correspondence. 1 ∧ less