Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
This collection houses papers documenting Camp Tyson, a military base located near Paris, Tennessee during World War II. It contains photographs, documents, forms, and manuals relating to camp operations.
This collection contains about 30 documents from Henry County, Tenn., dated from the 1900s through the 1930s. These include warrants, promissory notes, replevins, magistrate's subpoenas and execution, an attachment, a bail bond, and a property description.
This collection consists of four ledgers from Henry County, Tennessee. One is from a Fancy and Dry Goods establishment, apparently run by Maxwell and Dinwiddie; one is from a blacksmith; one is from a cobbler named E. A. Goldsby; and one is a personal cash book for William M. Maxwell. All of the ledgers are handwritten and include itemized lists with prices, crossed out accounts, and occasional doodling.
This collection contains the Magistrate's Docket for the 13th District of Henry County, Tennessee from the 1870s to the 1910s. It records the trial date, reason, judgment, and payments of various people over five decades.
This collection consists of a letter from Jane Ellen Foster Cheatham, dated October 13, 1843, sent from Nashville to her husband Edward S. Cheatham in Mansfield, Tennessee. The letter discusses news of family and friends, particularly a wedding Ellen and her husband will attend.
This collection contains the papers, photographs, diaries, and personal effects of Robert Morris Travis, who served as a private, corporal, and sergeant in the U. S. Army's 4th Infantry for thirty years. Among these materials are copies of Morris's book, Sketches from the History of an Adventurous Life, which describes his time in Cuba and the Philippines during the Spanish-American War.
This notebook, maintained by Samuel S. Chapin of Cherry Corner, Tenn. (Henry County), contains information on flat boats, lumber, and other business affairs in the early 1840s.
In this broadside, William Foust explains why he didn’t attend the political convention as part of his campaign for the Tennessee House of Representatives.
- Henry County (Tenn.) -- Politics and government. 2
- Broadsides 1
- Flatboats -- Tennessee. 1
- Henry County (Tenn.) -- Social life and customs. 1
- Lumber trade -- Tennessee. 1
- Paris (Tenn.) -- History 1
- Spanish-American War, 1898 -- Personal narratives, American. 1
- Spanish-American War, 1898. 1
- Tennessee -- Commerce. 1
- Tennessee -- Politics and government -- 1951-. 1
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 4th. 1
- Washington (State) -- History. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Aerial operations, American. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Tennessee. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 1 ∧ less