Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
This collection houses a typescript of an oral history interview conducted with Foster Arnett by G. Kurt Piehler and Johnny Goins for the Veteran's Oral History Project at the Center for the Study of War and Society. The interview documents Arnett's childhood in East Tennessee, his experiences in the Pacific Theater during World War II, and his postwar legal practice.
This collection houses five letters addressed to James M. Welcker. Most discuss financial and political matters (including Polk's nomination as a presidential candidate), but some also touch on family affairs.
This notebook contains the minutes of the Knoxville Bar Association's meetings from 1921 to 1930. The organization's particular concerns include endorsements of nominees to such political offices as the Supreme Court and memorials of deceased Knoxville lawyers.
- Bar associations -- Tennessee. 1
- Democratic Party (Tenn.). 1
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park (N.C. and Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Leyte Gulf, Battle of, Philippines, 1944. 1
- Memphis (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Pearl Harbor (Hawaii), Attack on, 1941. 1
- Tennessee -- Politics and government -- 1865-1950. 1
- Trials (Murder) -- Tennessee. 1
- United States -- Officials and employees. 1
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1845-1861. 1
- United States. Army. Parachute Infantry Regiment, 511th. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Area. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 1 ∧ less