Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
These two VHS tapes contain a recording of an oral history by Lieutenant Colonel (Retired) Erwin B. Bigger. In it, Bigger discusses his early life and his service with the U. S. Army as a paratrooper during World War II and the Korean War.
This collection houses a transcript of an interview that G. Kurt Piehler and Kathryn Meunier conducted with James R. Henderson on March 29, 2002 as part of the Veterans Oral History Project of the Center for the Study of War and Society. In it, Henderson discusses his childhood in New York City, his time in the Army during the Korean War, his postwar career as a New York City police officer, and his later life in Sevier County, Tennessee.
In this oral history, Neal O'Steen recounts his childhood in Bedford County, Tennessee and his service as an orderly in Virginia and as a Pharmacist's Mate in San Francisco during World War II. He also describes his service in Virginia during the Korean War.
In this interview (conducted on 2001 April 5 as part of the Center for the Study of War and Society's Veteran's Oral History Project), Perry Goad describes his childhood in Sunbright, Tennessee, his service with the Army during the Korean War, and his postwar life working in a hosiery factory in Harriman, Tennessee.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 2
- Harriman (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Hosiery industry -- Tennessee -- History. 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Medical care. 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 1
- New York (N.Y.). Police Dept. 1
- Sevier County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- United States. Army -- Parachute troops. 1
- United States. Army. Airborne Division, 82nd. 1
- United States. Army. Parachute Infantry Regiment, 504th. 1
- United States. Navy. 1
- Veterans -- United States. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Africa, North. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Italy. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Medical care. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 1 ∧ less