Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
This collection consists of a hand drawn survey dated 1806 of lands held near Nashville, Tennessee by George Washington Campbell, a letter written by Campbell to a Mrs. Mary Doherty in 1832 concerning 640 acres of Campbell's land in Tennessee, and an undated stereograph of George Washington Campbell's Nashville, Tennessee mansion.
This daily journal of Lucius Polk Brown was written in every day of 1921 and contains detailed information of his daily routines, his work, the trips he took, and operation of his several farms in Spring Hill and the Nashville area of Tennessee.
This collection houses 21 volumes documenting the activities of Lucius Polk Brown's Ewell Farm and Spring Hill Plantation between 1856 and 1916.
This account book opens with 28 pages of algebra notes, followed by sections documenting expenditures for the years 1876, 1880, and 1882. Several pages are partially or completely missing.
This collection consists of a letter from Sallie Foster dated September 29, 1850, sent from Ashwood School to her sister Jane Ellen Foster Cheatham. Sallie describes life at the school and tells how much she misses her family.
Reverend Thomas Stringfield wrote this letter to the Reverend J. C. Bingham and Dr. Noah Levings from Bean's Station (Grainger County) Tennessee on April 19, 1846. In it, he reports on his activities as an itinerant Methodist preacher in East Tennessee and Western North Carolina, including the sermons he has preached, the Bible Societies he has founded, and the Bibles he has distributed in such places as Bean's Station (Tennessee), Asheville (North Carolina), and Jonesboro (Tennessee).
- Davidson County (Tenn.) -- History. 2
- Farm management -- Tennessee. 2
- Buncombe County (N.C.) -- History. 1
- Cattle -- Breeding -- Tennessee. 1
- Dairy products industry -- United States. 1
- Education -- Tennessee -- Maury County. 1
- Grainger County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Hawkins County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Horses -- Breeding -- Tennessee. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Methodists -- Tennessee. 1
- Nashville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Rhea County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Scott County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Sullivan County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783. 1 ∧ less