Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
This collection houses personal and professional correspondence documenting Campbell Wallace's involvement with insurance and property, requests for financial aid, references, verification of character, financial backing, railroads, private businesses, and stock companies.
This collection contains a lithograph document compiled by Captain William E. Merrill in 1864 featuring records of bridges and tunnels along the railway between Georgia and Tennessee.
This circular provides “facts and figures showing why the voters of Knox County should vote for the subscription of $100,000 at the election, Saturday, October 29.” Specifically, it lists the assessed valuation for each district in Knox County and compares the needed tax to the potential gains in markets and other value.
This collection houses 7 manuscript notebooks containing survey and engineering data.
The East Tennessee and Virginia Railroad Records Collection contains letters, legal papers, and receipts which document the development of a railroad connection between Knoxville and Virginia. Much of the material deals with a lawsuit for non-payment between the railroad and Jesse Crouch of Washington County, Tenn.
This collection contains documents from the Office of East Tennessee & Virginia Rail Road Company in 1854. Included is a dray ticket, a letter to James L. Coile and sons about money owed for shares of stock in the company, and copy of a resolution to the Board of Directors regarding stock money collection arrangements.
In a March 5, 1856 letter to his father in Chaplin, Conn., G. W. Young of Clarksville, Tenn. writes of the area's agricultural practices as well as the influence of a new railroad on coal mining and prices.
This bill of lading indicates that J. L. Moore consigned 10 bales of cotton to Fowlkes & Co. in Memphis, Tennessee at Loone's Station.
This collection contains one letter written by Samuel Tate to an associate by the last name Gill about the Memphis and Charleston Railroad.
- Railroads -- Tennessee -- History -- 19th century. 8
- Railroads -- Georgia -- History -- 19th century. 2
- Railroads -- Virginia -- History -- 19th century. 2
- Agriculture -- Tennessee -- History -- 19th century. 1
- Coal mines and mining -- Tennessee. 1
- Indians of North America -- Relocation. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- Commerce. 1
- Railroads 1
- Railroads -- Employees. 1
- Railroads -- Mississippi. 1
- Railroads -- Southern States. 1
- Railroads -- Tennessee. 1
- Railroads -- United States. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Engineering and construction. 1
- United States. Army of the Cumberland. 1 ∧ less