Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Milton Weaver Collection
Abstract The Milton Weaver Collection contains a number of letters dating from the American Civil War describing in detail Union military camp conditions and drills, the environment of Tennessee, military operations in Middle Tennessee and Georgia (including Nashville, Stones River, Chattanooga, and Sherman's campaign in Georgia), opinions about Confederates and Copperheads, family life during the war, and the emotional trauma of conflict. The collection also includes several poems written by Milton...
W. M. Creamer Letter
This collection consists of a letter, dated February 24, 1863 from Camp Cripplecrick, Tenn., from W. M. Creamer of the 90th Ohio Infantry to his cousin, M. C. Creamer. He discusses his religious beliefs as well as Captain Robert O. Caddy's treatment of sick young boys in Nashville.
Dates: 1863 February 24
William Cosgrove Letter
This collection is composed of a letter that William Cosgrove of the 1st Ohio Light Artillery Regiment, Battery G, wrote to his aunt and uncle, Mr. and Mrs. Bowers, in Mount Vernon (Knox County) Ohio from Nashville, Tennessee on January 31, 1864. He writes of cousin Charles's death in Memphis and his own Battery's move to Nashville. Also, he speaks of conditions in camp, including a recent outbreak of smallpox and his personal troubles with rheumatism.
Dates: 1864 January 31
- Ohio -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 2
- Soldiers -- Ohio -- Correspondence. 2
- Ohio -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Regimental histories. 1
- Soldiers -- Tennessee -- Correspondence. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Artillery operations. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 1
- United States. Army. Ohio Infantry Regiment, 74th (1861-1865). 1
- United States. Army. Ohio Infantry Regiment, 90th (1861-1864). 1
- United States. Army. Ohio Light Artillery Regiment, 1st (1861-1865). 1 ∧ less