Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
A Digest of all the Cases Reported in Tennessee and of the Cases Contained in Haywood's North Carolina Reports
A single notebook of Charles Ready's, titled A Digest of all the Cases Reported in Tennessee and of the Cases Contained in Haywood's North Carolina Reports and dated October 10, 1827, in which he has handwritten legal information gleaned from cases reported in Tennessee as well as reports from North Carolina by John Haywood. The information is arranged by topic and the topics are listed alphabetically.
This handwritten trial docket book records cases from September 1822 to March 1830 in Carroll County, TN.
The collection consists of eight loose pages of the "How Judge Edward Terry Sanford Became a Member of the United States Supreme Court" article written by E. E. Patton that records the events leading up to Judge Sanford becoming an Associate Justice in the U. S. Supreme Court.
This collection contains a single document written by David Campbell on August 15, 1794. The document is a court summons for John Collinsworth, a Washington County, Tennessee resident, to receive judgment for the money he owed fellow Washington County resident John King.
This collection consists of two court letterbooks for Judge Sylvester Bailey of Memphis containing copies of his correspondence between March 5, 1845-September 4, 1851.
- Court records -- Tennessee. 3
- Carroll County (Tenn.) 1
- Confederate States of America. 1
- County courts -- Tennessee. 1
- Court records -- North Carolina. 1
- Courts -- United States. 1
- Jonesborough (Tenn.) 1
- Judges -- Tennessee. 1
- Law -- Tennessee. 1
- Lawyers -- Tennessee. 1
- Mississippi -- Politics and government 1
- Missouri -- Politics and government 1
- North Carolina -- Politics and government -- 1865-1950 1
- Supreme Court justices. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- 20th century. 1
- Tennessee -- Politics and government. 1
- Trials -- Tennessee. 1
- United States -- Politics and government. 1
- Washington County (Tenn.) 1 ∧ less