Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
This collections contain correspondence, political papers, legal papers and financial papers documenting Ben W. Hooper and his time as governor of Tennessee (1910-1914).
The History Department Records contains records from the University of Tennessee's Department of History, dating between 1934-1970. The collection covers when the history department was part of the Department of History and Political Science, when it split into a single department in 1941, and became formally established as the Department of History in 1946.
This collection consists of a print of a sketch of William Blount etched by Albert Rosenthal in 1888.
This collection consists primarily of letters documenting William Gannaway Parson Brownlow's service as Governor of Tennessee and showing the problems that Tennessee faced during the Civil War and Reconstruction. Also included are letters to and from Brownlow's son John Bell Brownlow.
This collection contains five letters written by William G. Brownlow between 1836 and 1862. In them, he discusses speaking engagements and the Civil War. Also included are three photographs of Brownlow.
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 3
- Politicians -- Tennessee. 2
- Tennessee -- Politics and government. 2
- Artists -- United States. 1
- Education, Higher -- Tennessee -- History. 1
- History -- Study and teaching. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Reconstruction (U.S. history, 1865-1877) -- Tennessee. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- 19th century. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- 20th century. 1
- Tennessee -- History. 1
- Tennessee -- Religion. 1
- Tennessee. Militia -- History -- 19th century. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1 ∧ less