Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
A letter was written by Sgt. William A. Smith, Co. B 71 Ind. 6th Cav., on October 5, 1863. He talks about Union occupation north of Knoxville, TN and the increased price of goods and foods in the Confederate states as oppsosed to the Union. He also writes about a brigade of women marching and carrying the U.S. flag. The letter was submitted to Mr. J. O. Jones, postmaster of Terre Haute, Indiana, in hopes that he could get it published in the local newspaper.
- Language: English X
- Subject: Tennessee -- History. X
- Subject: United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Correspondence. X
- Subject: United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. X
- Subject: United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Campaigns. X
- Subject: Soldiers -- Indiana -- Correspondence. X