Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Seventy page battlefield ledger for Company B of the 117th Illinois Volunteer Infantry. The ledger includes daily medical reports from January 24th to April 15, 1863. During this time the company was stationed at Ft. Pickering, Tenn. defending Memphis. Patients are listed by name and action (i.e. excused from duty, assigned modified duty, sent to hospital, or quarantine). A small loose piece of paper -- possibly a prescription or doctor's note -- is included among the pages.
Three letters from Private William Taylor of the 43rd Ohio Infantry to his sister Susan in Morrow County, Ohio, describe experiences in the Gayoso Hospital in Memphis and another military hospital in LaGrange, Tenn., during 1863.
- Medicine, Military -- United States -- History -- 19th century. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Regimental histories. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- United States. Army. Illinois Infantry Regiment, 117th (1862-1865). 1
- United States. Army. Ohio Infantry Regiment, 43rd (1862-1865). 1