Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Daughters of the American Revolution Lineage Records
The collection consists of one record book with the lineage records of the members of the James White Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution. The records are dated up to June 3, 1929.
James A. Rogers Papers
Abstract The bulk of this collection houses legal documents, correspondence, plats, and other items documenting James A. Rogers' life and work. Among the subjects shown are rail and steamboat shipments in the 1850s and 1860s, land grants and sales (including land grants given in recognition of service in the Continental Army during the Revolutionary War), transaction records of enslaved individuals from the 1840s to the 1860s, the Civil War (including the construction of Fort Pillar north of...
Dates: 1784 November 3-1974 December 27; Majority of material found within 1784 November 3-1897 December 10
North Carolina Land Grant to George Doherty
This collection consists of a handwritten land grant dated July 10, 1788 from the state of North Carolina to George Doherty for 5,000 acres in Giles County (now in Tennessee) on Richland Creek.
Dates: 1788 July 10
Snyder E. Roberts "Revolutionary War Soldiers in Anderson County"
This is a list compiled by Snyder E. Roberts of the Revolutionary War soldiers that lived in Anderson County, TN at some point in their lives. The author compiled this list based on research from several sources.
- Tennessee -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783. 3
- Anderson County (Tenn.) 1
- Anderson County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Daughters of the American Revolution -- History. 1
- Genealogy. 1
- Giles County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Haywood County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- Societies and clubs. 1
- Land grants -- Tennessee. 1
- Land tenure -- North Carolina. 1
- Slavery -- Tennessee 1
- Tennessee -- Genealogy. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Tennessee -- Politics and government. 1 ∧ less