Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Andrew Holt Papers
This collection houses publications, drafts, official papers, correspondence, photographs, newspaper clippings, and other materials documenting Andrew Holt's military service, tenure as President of the National Education Association, and term as President of the University of Tennessee. Issues Holt dealt with at U.T. include academic freedom, athletics, integration, U.T. Martin, student life, and finances.
Brown Ayres Diplomas and Other Materials
Collection of Artifacts and Memorabilia
This collection houses a variety of artifacts and memorabilia showing East Tennessee and the University of Tennessee, including uniform buttons, commemorative coins, U.T. souvenirs, flags, and other materials.
Sam Y. Parker Collection
This collection houses materials documenting the murder of University of Tennessee graduate Sam Y. Parker by Judge James E. Fulton of Helenwood, Tennessee in 1906. Newspaper clippings and correspondence between the trial lawyers document the entire saga in detail. Other material includes research into the history of the Newman and Parker families, a Civil War diary, photographs, a family Bible, mementos, and personal items.
Tennessee Higher Education Commission General Correspondence
This collection houses general correspondence from the Tennessee Higher Education Commission to the University of Tennessee dating from 1976 to July of 1984.
The East Tennessee University Library: The Civil War and Reconstruction Years
In this manuscript, Boyd Childress describes the University of Tennessee's Library in the Civil War and Reconstruction eras.
W. G. McAdoo Diaries
These four microfilm reels house copies of W. G. McAdoo's diaries dating from 1846 to 1894.
- College presidents -- Tennessee. 2
- Education, Higher -- Tennessee -- History. 2
- Tennessee -- History. 2
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Administration. 2
- Education -- Tennessee -- History. 1
- Education, Higher -- Administration. 1
- Reconstruction (U.S. history, 1865-1877) -- Tennessee. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- 19th century. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Tennessee -- Politics and government -- 1951-. 1
- Trials (Murder) -- Tennessee. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 1 ∧ less