Showing Collections: 21 - 26 of 26
Five letters from Ford, Nixon, Carter, Reagan to Howard Baker.
Letter from U.S. Congressman Sam Sells to Governor Ben Hooper, advocating that a Dr. Acuff of Knoxville be appointed as the new Lieutenant of the Medical Corps of the National Guard.
One bound copy of the dissertation, U.S. Technology and the Soviet Union: The American Policy Debate over Export Control and Technology Transfer to the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics,1948-1972, written by Thomas J. Byrd II.
This collection houses two cards and six letters from eight United States Senators from Tennessee. Most are short letters to their constituents. The letters of Albert Arnold Gore, Sr., Howard H. Baker, Jr., James Sasser, and Estes Kefauver express their opinions on various political matters.
Seven bound volumes containing the correspondence of Walter Chandler, a former Tennessee state representative (1917), State Senator (1921-1923), U.S. Representative (1935-1940) and mayor of Memphis (1943-1946 and 1955). The correspondence includes letters from U.S. presidents, Supreme Court justices, and other well-known persons.
This collection consists primarily of the political records of William Robert Anderson, a U.S. Congressman (1964-1972) from the Sixth District of Tennessee. Materials from his unsuccessful bid for re-election in 1972 are included. The collection also contains a considerable amount of material from Anderson's service on the Jimmy Carter Presidential campaign (1976) and various personal records from the 1970s and 1980s.
- United States -- Politics and government -- 20th century. 21
- United States -- Politics and government -- 20th century -- Congresses 5
- United States. Congress. Senate. 4
- Legislators -- United States. 3
- Tennessee -- Politics and government -- 20th century. 3
- Tennessee -- Politics and government. 3
- Diplomats -- United States. 2
- Bankruptcy -- United States. 1
- Government etiquette. 1
- Governors -- Tennessee. 1
- Hazardous waste site remediation -- United States. 1
- Land use -- Tennessee -- Oak Ridge -- Planning -- Citizen participation. 1
- Oak Ridge (Tenn.) -- Politics and government. 1
- Political campaigns -- United States. 1
- Political conventions 1
- Presidents -- United States -- Correspondence. 1
- Radioactive pollution -- Environmental aspects -- Tennessee -- Oak Ridge. 1
- Radioactive waste disposal -- Environmental aspects -- Tennessee -- Oak Ridge. 1
- Tennessee Valley Authority -- History. 1
- United States -- History, Military. 1
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1919-1933. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Faculty. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. 1
- Watergate Trial, Washington, D.C., 1973. 1
- World War, 1914-1918. 1 ∧ less