Showing Collections: 21 - 33 of 33
John Towle Oral History
This collection consists of an interview with World War II veteran John W. Towle for the Veteran's Oral History Project, Center for the Study of War and Society, Department of History. Towle discusses growing up on a dairy farm in Knoxville and his training and Air Force service during World War II.
Knoxville Air Defense Filter Center Records
The items in this collection are all connected to the Knoxville Air Defense Filter Center. Including memos, magazines, an operation manual and a set of certificates belonging to Beatrice G. Smith, the collection contains material from the 1950s.
Lackland Air Force Base Photograph
This photograph depicts Squadron 3706, Flight 174 at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, Texas, in February of 1966.
Lavoy E. Phillips Papers
This collection contains Lavoy E. Phillips’ military records, photographs, and press clippings concerning his service in World War II.
Leroy Neal Papers
This collection consists of photocopies of Leroy Neal's personal papers regarding his service in WWII. The collection includes Leroy Neal's autobiographical essay about serving as a radio operator and side gunner on a B-24 bomber, 2 photographs, 2 letters to his parents, a service diary, and news clippings. Also included is an issue of the journal publication Sortie.
Maurice Park Papers
This collection consists of Maurice Park's personal papers, correspondence, military documents, military honors, and photographs from his service in World War II. Also available are materials concerning the commendation to Eastern Command on Sept. 22, 1944, and the 50th Anniversary celebration of V-E day in Moscow.
Oscar R. Ashley Papers
This collection consists of Oscar Roy Ashley's personal World War II materials and includes correspondence, press clippings, military papers pertaining to his quartermaster training, and documents regarding his work as a quartermaster. Also available are two scrapbooks, a photograph album, and other commemorative materials from his service.
Paul G. Simpson Papers
This collection contains a variety of documents and mementos collected primarily during Paul G. Simpson's three years in the Army Air Force. It includes personal letters, military documents, tourist mementos, newspaper clippings, and publications about both military and civilian life. The scrapbook pages include photographs, realia, and documents, all accompanied by extensive commentary written by his wife, Edna.
Thomas E. Miller Papers
This collection consists of Thomas E. Miller's memoir titled "A Story for My Grandchildren." The memoir provides several details about his experiences as a child in Grand Rapids, Michigan as well his experience in the Army Air Corps during World War II. Also included in the memoir are post-war stories of what his life was like after the war.
University of Tennessee Air Force ROTC Newspaper Clippings and News Releases
This collection houses newspaper articles and news releases documenting the University of Tennessee Air Force ROTC from 1973 to 1976.
University of Tennessee Aviation Cadets Collection
This collection consists of photographs, booklets, and other materials documenting the University of Tennessee Aviation Cadet Program during 1943 and 1944.
William G. Keen World War II Papers
These papers document the military training and career of William G. Keen, an Army Air Force lieutenant who served in Europe during and after World War II. The collection includes several years of correspondence, training documents, professional photos, issues of many different magazines and newspapers from his various posts, as well as an assortment of memorabilia saved from service and travel.
World War II Bombing Missions in Japan
This report, 16 pages in length, describes in technical detail the enterprise of 15 bombing missions carried out by the 315th Bombardment Wing of the U. S. Air Force against Japan's oil refineries in June 1945.
- United States. Air Force. 27
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 24
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 6
- United States. Air Force -- History. 3
- Cold War. 2
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Veterans. 2
- Photographs. 2
- United States. Air Force -- Handbooks, manuals, etc. 2
- United States. Army. 2
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Africa, North. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Italy. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Area. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Photography. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 2
- Aeronautics -- Study and teaching (Higher) -- United States. 1
- Aviation Education Programs (U. S.). 1
- Flight training -- Tennessee. 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Personal narratives, American. 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Photography. 1
- Lackland Air Force Base (Tex.) 1
- Memphis Belle (B-17 bomber) 1
- Oral history -- United States. 1
- Pilot training. 1
- Prisoners of war 1
- Prisoners of war -- Germany. 1
- United States -- Armed Forces -- History -- World War, 1939-1945. 1
- United States. Air Force -- Facilities. 1
- United States. Air Force -- History -- 20th century. 1
- United States. Air Force ROTC. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Air Force, 9th. 1
- United States. Navy. 1
- Universities and colleges -- Tennessee. 1
- V-mail. 1
- Veterans -- United States. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Aerial operations, American. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Asia. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Japan. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Correspondence. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Guam. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Philippines. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, American. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Soviet Union. 1
- World War, 1939-1945. 1 ∧ less