Showing Collections: 181 - 200 of 451
Joseph Estabrook Letter
Joseph Estabrook wrote this letter to his cousin, Colonel John Wood, on December 25, 1835 from Knoxville, Tennessee. In it, he describes his wife’s continuously declining health and inquires, at length, about many members of his extended family. He also discusses his position as president of East Tennessee College, writing fondly of the college on the hill and comparing it to Amherst and Yale.
Judaic Studies Program Newsletter
The University of Tennessee's Judaic Studies Program published this newsletter in 2003. It contains information about faculty activities, the Program Director’s activities, invited lecturers, performances, teaching, and public service.
Judy Flanagan Papers
This collection houses files that Judy Flanagan created during her tenure as Director of Special Occasions at the University of Tennessee (1990-1999).
Katherine High Correspondence
This collection houses the correspondence that Katherine N. High generated in her capacity as Associate Senior Vice President of the University of Tennessee system. Her responsibilities in this position included coordinating student and academic policy, monitoring desegregation efforts, and serving as the University of Tennessee's liaison to the Tennessee Department of Education.
Katherine N. High Papers
Kelsy Keny Senior Toast
This collection contains a speech made at the 2015 Senior Banquet by one of the nine recipients of the Torchbearer Award, Kelsey Keny. The speech was a sentimental reflection Keny makes on her time as an undergraduate at the University of Tennessee.
Knoxville 22 Pin
This collection contains a pin reading Free the Knoxville 22. The Knoxville 22 were a group of University of Tennessee student and non-student protesters opposed to what they considered the improper election of UT President Ed Boling in 1970.
Knoxville Magazine Article About Lottery Scholarships
This issue of the Knoxville Magazine (October/November 2006) contains an article evaluating the changes that the lottery scholarship has caused in the University of Tennessee's student body.
Knoxville Peace Coalition-UT Protest March Slides
This collection contains 10 color slides of the Knoxville Peace Coalition's march through the University of Tennessee, Knoxville campus in 1971. This demonstration took place on Cumberland Avenue in front of the Hill and the University Center. Protesters are shown waving American flags and holding various signs.
L. R. Hesler Collection
This collection consists of photographs, newspaper clippings, typed accounts, and memorabilia from Hesler family during the years 1888-1970.
L. R. Hesler Family Photographs
This collection consists of photographs of Lexemuel R. Hesler and his family, some biographical information on such family members as Hesler's wife, Esther (Collins) Hesler, and her brother, George LeRoy Collins, and photographs of several University of Tennessee professors.
L. R. Hesler Phi Beta Kappa Key
This collection houses Dean L. R. Hesler’s Phi Beta Kappa key.
Lalla Block Arnstein Correspondence
This collection contains correspondence written on November 5, 1922 to the Trustees of the University of Tennessee from Lalla Block Arnstein. With the correspondence, a check for $5,000 is enclosed for the use of purchasing books for the University of Tennessee library. Lists of the books purchased are included. The collection also includes correspondence dating between 1923 and 1959 to and from Arnstein and her husband, Max, in regards to the Lalla Block Arnstein Foundation.
Land Grant Centennial Records
This collection houses a nine volume report and a 16mm motion picture film documenting the University of Tennessee's observance of the 100th anniversary of land grant colleges in the United States in 1961-1962.
Lawrence Wodehouse Illustrations for White of McKim, Mead and White
The Illustrations for White of McKim, Mead, and White collection spans the years 1764 to 1976 with the bulk of the material from 1890 to 1906. The collection consists of photographs and illustrations collected by former University of Tennessee Architecture professor Lawrence Wodehouse for his 1988 publication, White of McKim, Mead, and White.
Lee Seifert Greene Collection
LeRoy Graf Papers
This collection houses departmental committee records, information about honor societies, syllabi and exams, scholarly publications, and other materials documenting University of Tennessee Professor LeRoy Graf and the Department of History.
Life of Charles Coffin
This collection consists of notes used to write the book Life of Charles Coffin. The book was written by Coffin's great granddaughter Margaret Coffin and entails the life story of Charles Coffin.
Lindsey Nelson Speech to the East Tennessee Historical Society
This collection is a typed transcript of a speech given by Lindsey Nelson to the East Tennessee Historical Society. Nelson recounts his experiences leading up to and serving during World War II.
Lists of Theses Received
These five volumes list the theses and dissertations received by the Library between 1944 and 1966.
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. 278
- Universities and colleges -- Tennessee. 206
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- History. 79
- Education, Higher -- Tennessee. 58
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Faculty. 46
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Administration. 25
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Alumni and alumnae. 23
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 14
- Tennessee Volunteers (Football team). 14
- Greek letter societies -- Tennessee -- Knoxville. 10
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Students. 10
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Buildings. 9
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Pictorial works. 9
- Education, Higher -- Administration. 8
- Student activities -- Tennessee. 7
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Sports. 7
- College presidents -- Tennessee. 6
- History -- Study and teaching. 6
- Universities and colleges -- Social aspects. 6
- Women college students -- Tennessee. 6
- College publicity. 5
- College students -- Tennessee. 5
- Military education -- Tennessee. 5
- Universities and colleges -- Societies, etc. 5
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Funds and scholarships. 5
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Research. 5
- World War, 1939-1945. 5
- African American college students -- Tennessee. 4
- College student newspapers and periodicals. 4
- College teachers -- Tennessee. 4
- Commencement ceremonies -- United States. 4
- Postcards -- Tennessee. 4
- Tennessee -- History. 4
- Universities and colleges -- Evaluation. 4
- Universities and colleges -- Faculty. 4
- Universities and colleges -- Honors courses. 4
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Periodicals. 4
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Students -- Periodicals. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 4
- American literature -- 20th century. 3
- Authors, American -- 20th century. 3
- College student government. 3
- Fraternal organizations. 3
- Lady Volunteers (Basketball team). 3
- Letters. 3
- Military cadets -- Tennessee. 3
- Students' songs -- Tennessee. 3
- Tennessee Volunteers (Football team) -- History. 3
- Tennessee, East -- History. 3
- Universities and colleges -- Public relations. 3
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Songs and music. 3
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. Summer School of the South 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 3
- Academic libraries -- Tennessee. 2
- Aeronautics -- Study and teaching (Higher) -- United States. 2
- African American teachers. 2
- African Americans -- Education. 2
- Alma maters (Songs). 2
- Architecture. 2
- Autobiography. 2
- Bolivia -- History -- 1938-1982. 2
- Botanists -- Tennessee. 2
- Botany -- Research. 2
- Botany -- Study and teaching. 2
- Chemistry -- Study and teaching. 2
- College administrators -- Tennessee. 2
- College radio stations. 2
- College sports -- Southern States -- History. 2
- College theater -- Tennessee -- Knoxville. 2
- Correspondence. 2
- Counseling -- Study and teaching. 2
- Dairying -- Study and teaching. 2
- Debates and debating -- Tennessee. 2
- East Tennessee University 2
- Education, Higher -- Social aspects. 2
- Education, Higher -- Tennessee -- History. 2
- Engineering -- Vocational guidance. 2
- Exhibitions -- Tennessee. 2
- Information science -- Study and teaching. 2
- Journalism -- Study and teaching. 2
- Motion picture producers and directors -- United States. 2
- Panama -- History -- 1946-1981. 2
- Photographs. 2
- Professional development. 2
- Race relations -- Tennessee. 2
- State universities and colleges -- Tennessee. 2
- Student movements -- Tennessee. 2
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 2
- Tennessee Valley Authority -- History. 2
- Tennessee Volunteers (Basketball team). 2
- Theater -- Tennessee -- Knoxville. 2
- Universities and colleges -- Alumni and alumnae. 2
- Universities and colleges -- Tennessee -- Finance. 2
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Centennial celebrations, etc. 2
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Graduate students. 2
- University of Tennessee, Memphis -- Alumni and alumnae. 2
- World War, 1914-1918. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Tennessee. 2
- World's Fair of 1982 (Knoxville, Tenn.) 2 ∧ less
- Staub, Peter, 1827-1904 1