Showing Collections: 21 - 40 of 451
An act to change the name of East Tennessee University
This act, formally approved on March 11, 1879, changed the name of East Tennessee University to The University of Tennessee.
Andrew Holt Papers
This collection houses publications, drafts, official papers, correspondence, photographs, newspaper clippings, and other materials documenting Andrew Holt's military service, tenure as President of the National Education Association, and term as President of the University of Tennessee. Issues Holt dealt with at U.T. include academic freedom, athletics, integration, U.T. Martin, student life, and finances.
Andrew M. Soule Letter to James Maynard
The collection consists of a one page printed letter from Andrew M. Soule to James Maynard on August 27, 1904, discussing his sentiments about leaving the University of Tennessee faculty.
Angus E. Orr Certificate
The University of Tennessee's School of Natural History and Geology awarded this certificate of proficiency with distinction to Angus E. Orr on June 8, 1887.
Angus Orr Medal and Report Card
This collection houses an 1885 report card for Angus E. Orr and an 1887 Medal of the Editor of the Chi Delta Literary Society.
Anna Catherine Wiley Sketches Collection
This collection is composed of approximately 150 sketches by Anna Catherine Wiley drawn during the early 20th Century.
Appalachian Exposition Diploma
The University of Tennessee earned this diploma at the Appalachian Exposition for the Best Exhibit of Higher Industrial Education.
Army Air Forces 63rd College Training Detachment Records
Army Specialized Training Program Records
This collection houses student records, correspondence, course descriptions, curricula, and other materials documenting the Army Specialized Training Program at the University of Tennessee between 1943 and 1945. Each of the student records are entered on Form No. 831 and show the student's full name, army serial number, home address, date of birth, classes taken, and grades earned.
Arthur Seymour Scrapbooks
This collection houses two scrapbooks compiled by Arthur G. Seymour documenting his time at the University of Tennessee. They include articles and mementos from University events, Kappa Sigma membership, and the many activities and honors of Seymour himself.
Arthur Swann Letters and Grade Reports
Benjamin O. Duggan Papers
B.O. Duggan's papers are drawn from his files of reports and letters concerning education in Tennessee, which he kept while he was a professor at the University and a Commissioner of Education for the state. Items of particular interest include Duggan's Personal File as Commissioner, his education scrapbook (which contains articles about Tennessee education), and bound quarterly reports. Collection consists of three boxes divided into three series: Subject File, Scrapbooks, and Reports.
Benton Otto Wheeley Collection
This collection documents the personal and professional life of Benton Otto Wheeley, an engineer, philanthropist, and venture capitalist. Included are correspondence, speeches, business proposals, investment information, and more.
Bernadotte E. Schmitt Papers
This collection houses photographs, photograph albums, correspondence, diplomas, newspaper clippings, and published works documenting Bernadotte E. Schmitt's family, time at the University of Tennessee, participation in the Rhodes Scholarship Program, and later career.
Bet Fryer Collection of University Memorabilia
This collection is composed primarily of memorabilia documenting Bet Fryer's time at the University of Tennessee, including newspaper clippings, programs, brochures, certificates, trophies, and a cap.
Bill Clinton Letter
In this letter, President Bill Clinton congratulates the University of Tennessee on its two-hundredth anniversary. He writes that education at such colleges as Tennessee is the key to our future and expresses his best wishes for a memorable celebration.
Black Students’ Union Orientation Handbook
This collection houses an orientation handbook for black students issued by the Black Students' Union in 1969. It includes an introduction to the Black Students’ Union, statements from the organization's President, information about academics and social life, and photos of People to Know, including admissions counselors, faculty, and athletes.
Brown Ayres Diplomas and Other Materials
Brown Ayres Papers
This collection consists primarily of correspondence regarding Rhodes Scholarships created while Ayres was the Chairman of the Committee for Tennessee Rhodes Scholars. Also included are materials documenting Professor A. A. Schaeffer's alleged teaching of a double moral standard for men and women, a book of telegrams, and other papers.
Building Dedication Records
This collection houses planning information and schedules documenting building dedications and ceremonies on the University of Tennessee campus.
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. 278
- Universities and colleges -- Tennessee. 206
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- History. 79
- Education, Higher -- Tennessee. 58
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Faculty. 46
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Administration. 25
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Alumni and alumnae. 23
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 14
- Tennessee Volunteers (Football team). 14
- Greek letter societies -- Tennessee -- Knoxville. 10
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Students. 10
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Buildings. 9
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Pictorial works. 9
- Education, Higher -- Administration. 8
- Student activities -- Tennessee. 7
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Sports. 7
- College presidents -- Tennessee. 6
- History -- Study and teaching. 6
- Universities and colleges -- Social aspects. 6
- Women college students -- Tennessee. 6
- College publicity. 5
- College students -- Tennessee. 5
- Military education -- Tennessee. 5
- Universities and colleges -- Societies, etc. 5
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Funds and scholarships. 5
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Research. 5
- World War, 1939-1945. 5
- African American college students -- Tennessee. 4
- College student newspapers and periodicals. 4
- College teachers -- Tennessee. 4
- Commencement ceremonies -- United States. 4
- Postcards -- Tennessee. 4
- Tennessee -- History. 4
- Universities and colleges -- Evaluation. 4
- Universities and colleges -- Faculty. 4
- Universities and colleges -- Honors courses. 4
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Periodicals. 4
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Students -- Periodicals. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 4
- American literature -- 20th century. 3
- Authors, American -- 20th century. 3
- College student government. 3
- Fraternal organizations. 3
- Lady Volunteers (Basketball team). 3
- Letters. 3
- Military cadets -- Tennessee. 3
- Students' songs -- Tennessee. 3
- Tennessee Volunteers (Football team) -- History. 3
- Tennessee, East -- History. 3
- Universities and colleges -- Public relations. 3
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Songs and music. 3
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. Summer School of the South 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 3
- Academic libraries -- Tennessee. 2
- Aeronautics -- Study and teaching (Higher) -- United States. 2
- African American teachers. 2
- African Americans -- Education. 2
- Alma maters (Songs). 2
- Architecture. 2
- Autobiography. 2
- Bolivia -- History -- 1938-1982. 2
- Botanists -- Tennessee. 2
- Botany -- Research. 2
- Botany -- Study and teaching. 2
- Chemistry -- Study and teaching. 2
- College administrators -- Tennessee. 2
- College radio stations. 2
- College sports -- Southern States -- History. 2
- College theater -- Tennessee -- Knoxville. 2
- Correspondence. 2
- Counseling -- Study and teaching. 2
- Dairying -- Study and teaching. 2
- Debates and debating -- Tennessee. 2
- East Tennessee University 2
- Education, Higher -- Social aspects. 2
- Education, Higher -- Tennessee -- History. 2
- Engineering -- Vocational guidance. 2
- Exhibitions -- Tennessee. 2
- Information science -- Study and teaching. 2
- Journalism -- Study and teaching. 2
- Motion picture producers and directors -- United States. 2
- Panama -- History -- 1946-1981. 2
- Photographs. 2
- Professional development. 2
- Race relations -- Tennessee. 2
- State universities and colleges -- Tennessee. 2
- Student movements -- Tennessee. 2
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 2
- Tennessee Valley Authority -- History. 2
- Tennessee Volunteers (Basketball team). 2
- Theater -- Tennessee -- Knoxville. 2
- Universities and colleges -- Alumni and alumnae. 2
- Universities and colleges -- Tennessee -- Finance. 2
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Centennial celebrations, etc. 2
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Graduate students. 2
- University of Tennessee, Memphis -- Alumni and alumnae. 2
- World War, 1914-1918. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Tennessee. 2
- World's Fair of 1982 (Knoxville, Tenn.) 2 ∧ less
- Staub, Peter, 1827-1904 1