Showing Collections: 41 - 60 of 449
This collection houses approximately 16,500 bills, orders, receipts, and contracts documenting the University of Tennessee between 1893 and 1912. Among the subjects represented are the University Boarding Club (1897-1900), Knoxville College (1897-1898), and the Library (1893-1910). Also included are contracts made between the University and various fraternities for boarding in the fraternity houses.
This collection consists primarily of contracts made between the University of Tennessee and such organizations as the V. L. Nicholson Construction Company, the U.S. Government, and the Tennessee Valley Authority. These documents are arranged alphabetically by company. Also included are bonds and leases (arranged alphabetically by company) and campus building specifications (arranged alphabetically by building).
This collection houses materials collected by University of Tennessee student Cyrus B. Alexander. These items include an Athletic Association ticket for intercollegiate games during the 1919-1920 season, a tuition receipt for the second term of 1918-1919, a pamphlet for the Summer School of the South's Manual Training and Mechanical Drawing program, and a newsletter from Charles Ferris, Dean of Engineering, dated July 12, 1921.
This collection consists primarily of letters to and from Charles Wylie, including invitations to speak or write, requests for information about the department or the field of dairying, Wylie's attempt to secure a foreign appointment, and department business. Also included is information about the field of dairying, requirements for publications, reports, statistics, and other materials.
This collection houses newsletters published on the University of Tennessee campus (including the Law School's Taylor Times, the Medical Center's Monitor, and alumni newsletters) and correspondence documenting their content and development.
This collection houses a proposal and supporting correspondence advocating the designation of UT’s Center for Textile Materials Research as a campus Center of Excellence.
This collection contains materials dating from 1883 to 1887, during which time the University was without a President and the Chairman of the Faculty assumed the presidential responsibilities. The three faculty who held this title were Rodes Massie (1883-1885), Eben Alexander (1885-1886), and Samuel B. Crawford (1886-1887).
This report, produced by the advisory search committee participating in the search for a Chancellor, includes short biographies of committee members, notes from meetings, schedules of interviews, and other information.
This collection houses biweekly newsletters published by the University of Tennessee's Office of the Chancellor. These publications discuss educational funding, university policies, international initiatives, and other campus news. During the time period represented here (1975-1984), Jack Reese was serving as the University's Chancellor.
This collection contains programs documenting the Chancellor's Honors Banquets held in 2005, 2006, and 2007. These programs include a list of collegiate scholars, the menu, and a list of the night's events. The collection also houses three publications that include photographs and short biographies of award winners (including the Macebearer Award) and information showing Outstanding Teacher Awards, notable women, distinguished scholars of the University, and other UT awards.
This collection includes minutes and supporting documents showing meetings of the Chancellor’s staff from their last meeting of 1988 through the middle of April 1989. Major topics discussed include university budget information, campus fundraising activities, admission and retention issues, and announcements of administrative openings at other institutions. The Chancellor under which these meetings occurred was Jack Reese.
This collection houses University of Tennessee Professor Charles E. Wylie's personal files.
These records include lists of the members of the Charter Day Committee and the Founder's Day Committee in charge of selecting medal recipients, correspondence, brochures, photographs, invitations, pamphlets describing distinguished faculty, and transcripts of speeches. All of the material dates from between 1992 and 2000.
This collection contains a bound series of newsletters published monthly in the 1880s by the Chi Delta Literary Society at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. Each issue has editorials, essays, poetry, news, event announcements, and local advertisements.
This collection houses a Chi Delta Phi (University of Tennessee Chapter) magazine entitled The Litterateur dating from March of 1940 and a membership pin. The magazine includes literary pieces written by Chi Delta Phi members and the membership pin is engraved with the name Betty Greer and date Feb. 15, 1940.
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. 276
- Universities and colleges -- Tennessee. 205
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- History. 78
- Education, Higher -- Tennessee. 57
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Faculty. 47
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Administration. 25
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Alumni and alumnae. 23
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 14
- Tennessee Volunteers (Football team). 14
- Greek letter societies -- Tennessee -- Knoxville. 10
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Students. 10
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Buildings. 9
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Pictorial works. 9
- Education, Higher -- Administration. 8
- Student activities -- Tennessee. 7
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Sports. 7
- College presidents -- Tennessee. 6
- History -- Study and teaching. 6
- Universities and colleges -- Social aspects. 6
- Women college students -- Tennessee. 6
- College publicity. 5
- College students -- Tennessee. 5
- Military education -- Tennessee. 5
- Universities and colleges -- Societies, etc. 5
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Funds and scholarships. 5
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Research. 5
- World War, 1939-1945. 5
- African American college students -- Tennessee. 4
- College student newspapers and periodicals. 4
- College teachers -- Tennessee. 4
- Commencement ceremonies -- United States. 4
- Postcards -- Tennessee. 4
- Tennessee -- History. 4
- Universities and colleges -- Evaluation. 4
- Universities and colleges -- Faculty. 4
- Universities and colleges -- Honors courses. 4
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Periodicals. 4
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Students -- Periodicals. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 4
- American literature -- 20th century. 3
- Authors, American -- 20th century. 3
- College student government. 3
- College theater -- Tennessee -- Knoxville. 3
- Fraternal organizations. 3
- Lady Volunteers (Basketball team). 3
- Letters. 3
- Military cadets -- Tennessee. 3
- Students' songs -- Tennessee. 3
- Tennessee Volunteers (Football team) -- History. 3
- Tennessee, East -- History. 3
- Universities and colleges -- Public relations. 3
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Songs and music. 3
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. Summer School of the South 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 3
- Academic libraries -- Tennessee. 2
- Aeronautics -- Study and teaching (Higher) -- United States. 2
- African American teachers. 2
- African Americans -- Education. 2
- Alma maters (Songs). 2
- Architecture. 2
- Autobiography. 2
- Bolivia -- History -- 1938-1982. 2
- Botanists -- Tennessee. 2
- Botany -- Research. 2
- Botany -- Study and teaching. 2
- Chemistry -- Study and teaching. 2
- College administrators -- Tennessee. 2
- College radio stations. 2
- College sports -- Southern States -- History. 2
- Correspondence. 2
- Counseling -- Study and teaching. 2
- Dairying -- Study and teaching. 2
- Debates and debating -- Tennessee. 2
- East Tennessee University 2
- Education, Higher -- Social aspects. 2
- Education, Higher -- Tennessee -- History. 2
- Engineering -- Vocational guidance. 2
- Exhibitions -- Tennessee. 2
- Information science -- Study and teaching. 2
- Journalism -- Study and teaching. 2
- Motion picture producers and directors -- United States. 2
- Panama -- History -- 1946-1981. 2
- Photographs. 2
- Professional development. 2
- Race relations -- Tennessee. 2
- State universities and colleges -- Tennessee. 2
- Student movements -- Tennessee. 2
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 2
- Tennessee Valley Authority -- History. 2
- Tennessee Volunteers (Basketball team). 2
- Theater -- Tennessee -- Knoxville. 2
- Universities and colleges -- Alumni and alumnae. 2
- Universities and colleges -- Tennessee -- Finance. 2
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Centennial celebrations, etc. 2
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Graduate students. 2
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. Department of Theatre -- History. 2
- University of Tennessee, Memphis -- Alumni and alumnae. 2
- World War, 1914-1918. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Tennessee. 2 ∧ less