Showing Collections: 101 - 120 of 449
This collection houses a phony dollar dated November 5, 1968 promoting civil rights activist Dick Gregory for President and Mark Lane for Vice President. These souvenirs were handed out to students when Gregory spoke at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville in the winter of 1968-1969.
This set of directions for registering for classes was issued to University of Tennessee students in 1936.
This collection consists of materials documenting the selection and addition of names to the University of Tennessee's Distinguished Alumni List. It includes submission forms, correspondence, and biographical notes.
The Dr. Alvin Nielsen Papers document Nielsen's tenure as physics professor, head of the Physics Department, and the dean of the College of Liberal Arts (now the College of Arts and Sciences) at the University of Tennessee, from 1935-1980. His papers include reports, correspondence, presentations and speeches, newspaper articles, and photographs. The papers also contain materials collected after his retirement and death that commemorate his achievements, from 1980-2001.
The Dr. Andrew J. Kozar Sr. Papers document the academic and professional career of University of Tennessee physical educator Dr. Andrew “Andy” Kozar. These papers include personal papers and correspondence, administrative records, teaching materials, publications, research materials, and reading files from 1885-2007, with the bulk of the material dating 1951-2007.
This collection contains nearly 40 items acquired by Drury "Dru" Bagwell during his time as a University of Tennessee, Knoxville student from 1960 - 1968. The materials include a variety of programs from campus events such as Carnicus, All-Sing, commencement, and other university sponsored activities.
This collection houses minutes, notes, correspondence, photographs, and other materials documenting the University of Tennessee's Athletic Board and its relationship with the NCAA and the SEC. Of particular interest are those items showing UT's football and women's basketball programs.
Earl Zwingle created this collection of University of Tennessee memorabilia. It includes programs for and tickets to such events as Carnicus, Volunteer Vanities, and Aloha Oe, two ballots for All Student's Club elections, and newspaper articles documenting alumni events. The collection also houses several letters to and from Earl Zwingle, Milton Klein, and former University of Tennessee President Joseph Johnson.
This collection houses official University records documenting the Preparatory School, the Military Department, the Summer School of the South, and University finances between 1872 and 1930.
G. Kurt Piehler and Shelley Stafford conducted this interview with Vietnam veteran Ed Shore in Louisville, Tennessee on April 17, 2009. In it, Shore discusses his service with the Marine Corps in Vietnam as well as his impoverished childhood in eastern Tennessee and his experiences as a student at the University of Tennessee.
This collection includes one typed copy of General Robert R. Neyland's edited autobiography. Topics covered include Neyland's deployment during the World War I &II, his political views, and his coaching career. The copy is hardback and has pencil marks for editing errors throughout the entire piece.
This collection holds materials gathered by Elnora Paul, a UT alumna of the class of 1923. In it holds programs for UT events, including a Commencement Ceremony program for 1923, 1924 football schedule, a program to the Tenth Annual Banquet of the Agricultural Club, a flyer for the UT Carnival, and list of alumni contacts and newspaper clippings for a class reunion in 1974.
The University of Tennessee's Employee and Organizational Development program printed these newsletters, entitled Training Pages, between 2006 and 2007. They are composed primarily of information about upcoming professional development classes.
This collection houses correspondence, announcements, and news clippings documenting the development of a fellowship in Political Science honoring Estes Kefauver.
This collection houses requests and planning documents that the University of Tennessee's sororities submitted to Facilities Planning to petition for space at the Sorority Village planned for the west end of campus. This collection also contains short descriptions of each sorority submitted previous to its formal request.
This collection contains four manuals for University of Tennessee faculty: a faculty handbook, a teaching guide, a manual for faculty evaluation, and a procedural manual for academic department heads and directors. All of the material dates from 2005.
This collection houses journals, reprints from journals, photocopied articles, papers from meetings, syllabi, bulletins, and newspaper articles written by or about University of Tennessee faculty members.
This collection houses memoranda, reports, minutes, agendas, reports, membership information, resolutions, by-laws, and other materials documenting the University of Tennessee's Faculty Senate activities dating from 1936 to the present.
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. 276
- Universities and colleges -- Tennessee. 205
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- History. 78
- Education, Higher -- Tennessee. 57
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Faculty. 47
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Administration. 25
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Alumni and alumnae. 23
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 14
- Tennessee Volunteers (Football team). 14
- Greek letter societies -- Tennessee -- Knoxville. 10
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Students. 10
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Buildings. 9
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Pictorial works. 9
- Education, Higher -- Administration. 8
- Student activities -- Tennessee. 7
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Sports. 7
- College presidents -- Tennessee. 6
- History -- Study and teaching. 6
- Universities and colleges -- Social aspects. 6
- Women college students -- Tennessee. 6
- College publicity. 5
- College students -- Tennessee. 5
- Military education -- Tennessee. 5
- Universities and colleges -- Societies, etc. 5
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Funds and scholarships. 5
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Research. 5
- World War, 1939-1945. 5
- African American college students -- Tennessee. 4
- College student newspapers and periodicals. 4
- College teachers -- Tennessee. 4
- Commencement ceremonies -- United States. 4
- Postcards -- Tennessee. 4
- Tennessee -- History. 4
- Universities and colleges -- Evaluation. 4
- Universities and colleges -- Faculty. 4
- Universities and colleges -- Honors courses. 4
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Periodicals. 4
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Students -- Periodicals. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 4
- American literature -- 20th century. 3
- Authors, American -- 20th century. 3
- College student government. 3
- College theater -- Tennessee -- Knoxville. 3
- Fraternal organizations. 3
- Lady Volunteers (Basketball team). 3
- Letters. 3
- Military cadets -- Tennessee. 3
- Students' songs -- Tennessee. 3
- Tennessee Volunteers (Football team) -- History. 3
- Tennessee, East -- History. 3
- Universities and colleges -- Public relations. 3
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Songs and music. 3
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. Summer School of the South 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 3
- Academic libraries -- Tennessee. 2
- Aeronautics -- Study and teaching (Higher) -- United States. 2
- African American teachers. 2
- African Americans -- Education. 2
- Alma maters (Songs). 2
- Architecture. 2
- Autobiography. 2
- Bolivia -- History -- 1938-1982. 2
- Botanists -- Tennessee. 2
- Botany -- Research. 2
- Botany -- Study and teaching. 2
- Chemistry -- Study and teaching. 2
- College administrators -- Tennessee. 2
- College radio stations. 2
- College sports -- Southern States -- History. 2
- Correspondence. 2
- Counseling -- Study and teaching. 2
- Dairying -- Study and teaching. 2
- Debates and debating -- Tennessee. 2
- East Tennessee University 2
- Education, Higher -- Social aspects. 2
- Education, Higher -- Tennessee -- History. 2
- Engineering -- Vocational guidance. 2
- Exhibitions -- Tennessee. 2
- Information science -- Study and teaching. 2
- Journalism -- Study and teaching. 2
- Motion picture producers and directors -- United States. 2
- Panama -- History -- 1946-1981. 2
- Photographs. 2
- Professional development. 2
- Race relations -- Tennessee. 2
- State universities and colleges -- Tennessee. 2
- Student movements -- Tennessee. 2
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 2
- Tennessee Valley Authority -- History. 2
- Tennessee Volunteers (Basketball team). 2
- Theater -- Tennessee -- Knoxville. 2
- Universities and colleges -- Alumni and alumnae. 2
- Universities and colleges -- Tennessee -- Finance. 2
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Centennial celebrations, etc. 2
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Graduate students. 2
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. Department of Theatre -- History. 2
- University of Tennessee, Memphis -- Alumni and alumnae. 2
- World War, 1914-1918. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Tennessee. 2 ∧ less