Showing Collections: 161 - 180 of 449
This brochure lists the events that the Issues Committee planned to host during the fall of 1997, including a nuclear physicist lecturing on UFO’s, an animal rights panel discussion, a lecture on ethnic and religious conflict in Latin America, and a lecture on leadership by New York Governor George Pataki. The brochure also provides a list of the Committee's officers and members.
This collection consists of three letters written from the years 1917-1918 by University of Tennessee professor of English, Dr. J. Douglas Bruce. All three letters are directed to Dr. Albert C. Baugh, a renowned English professor at the University of Pennsylvania. In the letters, Dr. Bruce discusses his work as well as Dr. Baugh's work in the field of English Literature.
This collection includes three photos of Joseph Madison "Mat" McCallie from his time at the University of Tennessee, three medals awarded to him, one pair of epaulets, a pamphlet entitled "A Farm Boy in East Tennessee, 1863-1882" which details his life, and issues of the Chi Delta Crescent.
The J. Wade Gilley collections contains the papers from his time as the president of the University of Tennessee from 1999-2001. It contains reading files, newspaper clippings, memos and correspondence related to his inauguration, time as president adnd resignation. as well as administrative papers and correspondence from during his presidency, and newspaper clippings and an audio tape interview related to his resignation.
This collection houses a letter of recommendation that James D. Hoskins wrote for N. H. Bright and sent to the high school at Bernice, Louisiana in 1912.
This collection houses two letters from James D. Hoskins to Elizabeth A. Lockwood. In the 1946 letter, Hoskins briefly discusses his resignation from the office of the presidency.
The bulk of this collection consists of correspondence, photographs, newspaper clippings, speeches, notes, and other materials documenting James D. Hoskins' work with the University of Tennessee during the 1930s and 1940s. Other materials show his involvement with the Sons of the Revolution, the genealogy of the Hoskins family, and Tennessee history.
This collection houses James D. Hoskins' research into the history of the University of Tennessee. It documents such topics as the admission of female students, the Summer School of the South, individual faculty members, building dedications, and Hoskins himself.
This collection houses The Torch freshman magazine for 1937-1938, the University of Tennessee News Letter for June 1937, and a promotional magazine for the Tennessee-Georgia football game in October of 1937 documenting James E. Patterson's time at UT.
This May 19, 1911, letter from James Park to Brown Ayres is a reply to a request by Mr. Ayres for Mr. Park to be present and to give the prayer at the Professor Copper S. Schmitt memorial service at the chapel on May 29.
This collection contains two copies of a program documenting the naming ceremony for the James R. Cox Auditorium at Alumni Memorial Hall on September 26, 2003 and a program showing the Dedication and Inaugural Concert of the Cox Auditorium Organ on January 21, 2007. The Concert program includes a description of the music played, specifics of the organ, and coming events at the Auditorium in February 2007.
The John C. Hodges Collection contains manuscripts, notes, proofs, correspondence, photocopies, and other materials documenting several of Hodges' books.
The John Sheridan Collection consists of University of Tennessee bicentennial and other university development and personal media belonging to former UT Medical Center administrator John Sheridan.
In this note, John Sneed asks Eben Alexander for copies of the University of Tennessee's catalog to distribute in La Grange, Tennessee.
This collection houses correspondence, notes, publications, and other records documenting Dr. Jonathan G. Utley's work with the American Association of University Professors (AAUP) and the University of Tennessee's History Department between 1969 and 1994.
Joseph Estabrook wrote this letter to his cousin, Colonel John Wood, on December 25, 1835 from Knoxville, Tennessee. In it, he describes his wife’s continuously declining health and inquires, at length, about many members of his extended family. He also discusses his position as president of East Tennessee College, writing fondly of the college on the hill and comparing it to Amherst and Yale.
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. 276
- Universities and colleges -- Tennessee. 205
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- History. 78
- Education, Higher -- Tennessee. 57
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Faculty. 47
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Administration. 25
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Alumni and alumnae. 23
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 14
- Tennessee Volunteers (Football team). 14
- Greek letter societies -- Tennessee -- Knoxville. 10
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Students. 10
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Buildings. 9
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Pictorial works. 9
- Education, Higher -- Administration. 8
- Student activities -- Tennessee. 7
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Sports. 7
- College presidents -- Tennessee. 6
- History -- Study and teaching. 6
- Universities and colleges -- Social aspects. 6
- Women college students -- Tennessee. 6
- College publicity. 5
- College students -- Tennessee. 5
- Military education -- Tennessee. 5
- Universities and colleges -- Societies, etc. 5
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Funds and scholarships. 5
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Research. 5
- World War, 1939-1945. 5
- African American college students -- Tennessee. 4
- College student newspapers and periodicals. 4
- College teachers -- Tennessee. 4
- Commencement ceremonies -- United States. 4
- Postcards -- Tennessee. 4
- Tennessee -- History. 4
- Universities and colleges -- Evaluation. 4
- Universities and colleges -- Faculty. 4
- Universities and colleges -- Honors courses. 4
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Periodicals. 4
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Students -- Periodicals. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 4
- American literature -- 20th century. 3
- Authors, American -- 20th century. 3
- College student government. 3
- College theater -- Tennessee -- Knoxville. 3
- Fraternal organizations. 3
- Lady Volunteers (Basketball team). 3
- Letters. 3
- Military cadets -- Tennessee. 3
- Students' songs -- Tennessee. 3
- Tennessee Volunteers (Football team) -- History. 3
- Tennessee, East -- History. 3
- Universities and colleges -- Public relations. 3
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Songs and music. 3
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. Summer School of the South 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 3
- Academic libraries -- Tennessee. 2
- Aeronautics -- Study and teaching (Higher) -- United States. 2
- African American teachers. 2
- African Americans -- Education. 2
- Alma maters (Songs). 2
- Architecture. 2
- Autobiography. 2
- Bolivia -- History -- 1938-1982. 2
- Botanists -- Tennessee. 2
- Botany -- Research. 2
- Botany -- Study and teaching. 2
- Chemistry -- Study and teaching. 2
- College administrators -- Tennessee. 2
- College radio stations. 2
- College sports -- Southern States -- History. 2
- Correspondence. 2
- Counseling -- Study and teaching. 2
- Dairying -- Study and teaching. 2
- Debates and debating -- Tennessee. 2
- East Tennessee University 2
- Education, Higher -- Social aspects. 2
- Education, Higher -- Tennessee -- History. 2
- Engineering -- Vocational guidance. 2
- Exhibitions -- Tennessee. 2
- Information science -- Study and teaching. 2
- Journalism -- Study and teaching. 2
- Motion picture producers and directors -- United States. 2
- Panama -- History -- 1946-1981. 2
- Photographs. 2
- Professional development. 2
- Race relations -- Tennessee. 2
- State universities and colleges -- Tennessee. 2
- Student movements -- Tennessee. 2
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 2
- Tennessee Valley Authority -- History. 2
- Tennessee Volunteers (Basketball team). 2
- Theater -- Tennessee -- Knoxville. 2
- Universities and colleges -- Alumni and alumnae. 2
- Universities and colleges -- Tennessee -- Finance. 2
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Centennial celebrations, etc. 2
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Graduate students. 2
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. Department of Theatre -- History. 2
- University of Tennessee, Memphis -- Alumni and alumnae. 2
- World War, 1914-1918. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Tennessee. 2 ∧ less