Showing Collections: 21 - 40 of 60
This collection consists of 8 German World War II political pamphlets or magazines in German, 1 yearbook in English from Biarritz American University, and 1 English-German Military Government Gazette.
This collection of correspondence, photographs, and currency documents part of Harry A. Waddington's service in the Third Infantry Division of the Seventh Army Front in both the European and Pacific fronts during World War II.
This collection contains papers, correspondence, and a personal narrative related to World War II veteran Harry Leake’s experience in the European Theater of war with the Fifth Army.
This collection includes a copy of Henri B. Atkins' "Recollections of WWII," a typed memoir detailing his experiences during his World War II service.
This collection houses 84 issues of a magazine entitled History of the Second World War. This series discusses all aspects of the War in chronological order with special focus on the European Theater and Britain's contribution to the war effort. It was published in Britain in 1972 and issued weekly in the United States by publisher Marshall Cavendish from 1973 to 1974.
This collection consists of correspondence, photographs, press clippings, recollections, and ephemera collected by Evelyn Hogins concerning World War II. It also includes material concerning Evelyn's mother, Annie Hogins, and Evelyn's brothers: Clifford, Lawrence "Buster", and Marshall Hogins. The brothers all served in the U.S. military. A significant portion of the collection is comprised of photocopies.
This collection documents James E. Summers' military service during World War II and contains letters to Summers' parents, two military publications, newsletters, and some military documents including a Nazi Party poster. All items in this collection are photocopies of the originals.
This collection contains documents, correspondence, and photographs belonging to James David "J. D." Blankenship Jr., a private in the U.S. Army during World War II.
This memoir documents James L. Rogers's service with the Army Air Force (AAF) in the United States and Europe between 1942 and 1945.
The Jasper Bailey World War II Memoir, 1944-1945, is a personal collection by Jasper Bailey of his World War II experiences entitled You'll Go Places on This Team!. Bailey flew 50 missions as a radio-gunner in Europe during World War II.
This collection consists of Dr. Jerome Jacobs' World War II memoirs, entitled Some Came Home. The bulk of the material documents the years from 1941 to 1945. Dr. Jacobs, a fighter pilot veteran, recounts his experiences training as a pilot, his involvement in combat and in Operation Market Garden, and some of his experiences as a prisoner of war.
This collection features documents about John H. Lawrence and his fellow crew members of the 36th Tank Battalion in the 8th Armored Division.
This collection contains veteran John W. Hamlin Jr.’s photographs from his experiences in World War II serving in the European Theater.
This collection consists of correspondence, maps, photographs, yearbooks, newspaper clippings, official records, and many other types of memorabilia. It documents Joseph E. Martin’s military service in World War II as well as his education, ROTC service, and career as a math professor. It also includes veterans’ activities, World War II comics, and such personal effects as wedding invitations and church bulletins from the 1940’s.
This collection consists of Joseph Edgar Martin's 2003 memoir From Casablanca to Berchtesgaden: A Memoir of World War II. The preface is written by Charles F. Bryan Jr.
Photocopies of V-mail and letters to Anderson’s mother in Lincoln, Nebraska and a photocopy of two photographs from Anderson’s time with the 410th Bomb Squadron, 94th Bomb Group in the European Theater of War during World War II.
This collection contains a photocopy of the book, Move Out, Verify: The Combat Story of the 743rd Tank Battalion by Wayne Robinson.
The material in this collection documents the World War II military service of Lloyd Hamilton Boyd. Included are approximately 50 letters written from Boyd to members of his family in North Carolina; these were written while Boyd was stationed at Camp Cooke in California as well as overseas in the European Theatre of War (including from England, France, Belgium, and Germany). Also included are ration books, unused V-mail sheets, copies of newspaper clippings, and some memorabilia.
This collection contains a sketch by World War II U. S. Army veteran M. H. Kunselman of a battle scene in Belgium.
This collection contains papers, documents, and a scrapbook related to World War II veteran Mathias C. Helbach’s experience during the war in both the Mediterranean and European Theaters.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 40
- United States. Army. 26
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 13
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 10
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 9
- United States. Army Air Forces. 6
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Area. 6
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Correspondence. 6
- United States. Navy. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- France. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Germany. 4
- World War, 1939-1945. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Pictorial works. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Regimental histories -- United States. 3
- Humboldt (Tenn.) -- History. 2
- Parachute troops -- United States. 2
- Soldiers -- Tennessee -- Correspondence. 2
- United States. Air Force. 2
- United States. Army. Air Corps. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Germany -- Propaganda. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Periodicals. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Photography. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, American. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, German. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons. 2
- Agricultural education. 1
- Anzio Beachhead, 1944. 1
- Ardennes, Battle of the, 1944-1945. 1
- Arnhem, Battle of, Arnhem, Netherlands, 1944. 1
- Cerignola (Italy). 1
- Germany -- History -- 1945-1955. 1
- Great Britain -- History, Military -- 20th century. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953. 1
- Morgan County (Tenn.) 1
- Operation Torch, 1942. 1
- Reconstruction (1939-1951) -- Germany. 1
- Stalag Luft III. 1
- United States. Army -- Airborne troops. 1
- United States. Army -- Medals, badges, decorations, etc. 1
- United States. Army -- Parachute troops -- History -- World War, 1939-1945. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Air Force, 15th. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Bombardment Group (H), 455th. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Fighter Group, 364th. 1
- United States. Army. Armored Division, 10th. 1
- United States. Army. Armored Division, 8th. 1
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 4th. 1
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 83rd. 1
- United States. Marine Corps. 1
- V-mail. 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Veterans -- United States. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Aerial operations, American. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Atrocities. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Africa, North. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Africa. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Asia. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- France -- Normandy. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Italy. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Casualties -- United States. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Europe. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Hospitals. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Military intelligence -- United States. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Philippines. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Press coverage. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- South America. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women -- United States. 1 ∧ less
- American Red Cross 1