Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Eugene E. Eckstam
Exercise Tiger Collection
The Eugene E. Eckstam Exercise Tiger Collection, 1944-2004, consists of Dr. Eckstam's research efforts concerning Exercise Tiger, a practice invasion in April, 1944 to prepare troops for D-Day in World War II. Dr. Eckstam's research includes national and military archives, newspaper clippings, television specials, memoirs from surviving participants, as well as correspondence, photographs, travel brochures and information and maps.
Floyd M. Byers Oral History
In this interview (conducted as part of the Center for the Study of War and Society's Veteran's Oral History Project), Floyd M. Byers discusses his childhood in Tracy City, Tennessee, his experiences as an Army officer in post World War II Germany, his service as a helicopter pilot in the Vietnam War, and his postwar life working as an office manager and Vice-President for passenger traffic at Tennessee Airways.
Franklin B. Cooling Collection
Collection includes a copy of ULTRA and the Army Air Forces in World War II edited by Diane T. Putney.
- Germany -- History -- 1945-1955. 1
- Tracy City (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- United States. Air Force -- History. 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Aerial operations, American. 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Mekong River Delta (Vietnam and Cambodia). 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Participation, American. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- France -- Normandy. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Exercise Tiger 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 1
- World War, 1939-1945. 1 ∧ less