Showing Collections: 1 - 16 of 16
This collection contains a diary in which Albert Hall Bowman wrote his notes on his experiences during the invasion of Normandy in World War II.
This collection contains the Memoirs of Lewis Frelan Goddard, May 9, 1924 to August 7, 1944, compiled by Barbara Goddard in July 1994. It traces the life of Frelan Goddard with family photographs, certificates, newspaper articles, and correspondence. There are also materials from the family's trip to Europe and about awards given to the family or posthumously to Goddard.
This collection features military documents, photographs, maps, and memorabilia from Edwin Best's service with the 618th Ordinance Ammunition Company in the European Theater during World War II.
This collection includes news articles and a news release notice from World War II.
This collection includes photographs and postcards from Emil C. Baar's time in England and France serving in World War II in 1945.
The Eugene E. Eckstam Exercise Tiger Collection, 1944-2004, consists of Dr. Eckstam's research efforts concerning Exercise Tiger, a practice invasion in April, 1944 to prepare troops for D-Day in World War II. Dr. Eckstam's research includes national and military archives, newspaper clippings, television specials, memoirs from surviving participants, as well as correspondence, photographs, travel brochures and information and maps.
This collection includes a copy of Henri B. Atkins' "Recollections of WWII," a typed memoir detailing his experiences during his World War II service.
Historical and Pictorial Review, 117th Infantry, 30th Infantry Division, Army of the United States: Fort Jackson, South Carolina
This collection contains a copy of Historical and Pictorial Review, 30th Infantry Division, Army of the United States: Fort Jackson, South Carolina, 1941, as presented to Sgt. Bill Purdom, 117th Infantry, 30th Division. It is a yearbook for the 30th Division and the 117th Infantry, and includes historical information.
This collection consists of two newspaper clippings from 1995 featuring World War II veteran J. C. Scarbrough as well as a typewritten narrative called Thoughts About D-Day by Scarbrough.
The Mark Reardon Collection is composed of research regarding the Battle of Mortain (France) that Reardon assembled while writing Victory at Mortain: Stopping Hitler's Panzer Counteroffensive (2002). This material consists of unit reports (Box 2, Folders 49, 50, Box 3, Folders 1-42), declassified orders (Box 2, Folders 42, 43), written interviews with survivors (Box 1, Folders 63-67), and histories of the different battalions involved (Box 1, Folders 3-26, 45-58).
This collection features William A. Romeiser's personal narrative, Memories of World War II Experiences, written about his service in the European theatre during World War II.
The Normandy to the Elbe, c. 1944, is a book containing the history of the XIX Corps. It includes photographs and a narrative.
This collection includes correspondence, manuscripts, and other documents on Wendell Ralph Lufkin's World War II experience in the European theatre.
A seven-page typed memoir of Arthur C. Avery’s experiences with the 12th Armored Division during World War II. His recollections include his time training and serving overseas, particularly in France.
Photographs from Zack O. Ducksworth's service during World War II. The images largely depict his time in France, showing the landscape, daily life, trenches, and destruction of enemy planes and forces. Portraits are also included.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- France. 13
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 11
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe. 5
- United States. Army. 4
- World War, 1939-1945. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- France -- Normandy. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 3
- United States. Army. Infantry Division, 30th -- History. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Europe. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Regimental histories -- United States. 2
- Fort Jackson (S.C.) -- History -- 20th century. 1
- Jedburgh (Program). 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Mortain, Battle of, Mortain, France, 1944. 1
- United States -- Armed Forces -- History -- World War, 1939-1945. 1
- V-E Day, 1945. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Germany. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Correspondence. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Exercise Tiger 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Maps. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Photography. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Secret service -- United States. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Underground movements -- France. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 1 ∧ less