Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
In this memoir, entitled "Why Me?," Bill Fulk describes his experiences before, during, and after World War -- with a strong emphasis on the time he spent in German Concentration camps.
This collection features resources about the Prisoner of War camps in Crossville and Tullahoma, Tennessee. Including personal narratives, documents, and later recounts and analyses, these materials present information and understanding of these two camps during WWII.
In this interview, Edgar C. Wilson discusses the end of his service in World War II and his postwar life in Knoxville, Tennessee.
This collection consists of Dr. Jerome Jacobs' World War II memoirs, entitled Some Came Home. The bulk of the material documents the years from 1941 to 1945. Dr. Jacobs, a fighter pilot veteran, recounts his experiences training as a pilot, his involvement in combat and in Operation Market Garden, and some of his experiences as a prisoner of war.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 2
- Agricultural education. 1
- Arnhem, Battle of, Arnhem, Netherlands, 1944. 1
- Camp Forrest (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Crossville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Prisoners of war -- Tennessee -- Crossville. 1
- Stalag Luft III. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Fighter Group, 364th. 1
- United States. Army. Infantry Division, 84th. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Concentration camps -- Germany. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, American. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Tennessee. 1
- World War, 1939-1945. 1 ∧ less