Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 31
Dr. Andrew L. Rule used these two ledgers to record the names of his patients and the charges they incurred between 1905 and 1914. A note on the inside cover indicates that the ledger changed hands in 1953.
This folder houses three account books containing lists of financial transactions. The two smaller books have notes about Wm Co, the smaller with entries in $100 increments and the larger only half full. The largest book has entries about livestock, cotton, and other agricultural transactions.
This collection consists of a 1853-1870 ledger book by Attwood from the Memphis, Tennessee area. Transactions involve the purchase of lumber, stone cutters, and sales of building lots. This collection also contains two loose receipts one of which is undated while the other is dated 1878.
This collection houses ledgers and address books kept by Auguste J. Truan of Greeneville, Tennessee documenting purchases and other transactions that took place between 1876-1886 and 1911-1913.
This is a record book owned by Ben Comer Neal, a merchant in Unionville, TN. It lists the services provided by Neal at his garage as well as the amount he charged each customer between 1915 and 1923.
This account book contains lists of transactions, many for currency or settlement, with a variety of customers. Among the individuals and businesses represented are Cowan McClung and Company, S.V. McCorkle, Stamps and Company, D.P. Rowe and Company, and Knoxville Iron Company. A loose piece of paper bears the letterhead of The Hanover National Bank of the City of New York.
This collection contains a single ledger, listing the holdings of the estate of Benjamin Rush Strong. Divided into sections with different headings, entries are dated from 1916-1917.
This collection consists of one account book belonging to Duggan & Moon of Unionville, Tennessee. The account entries are dated from 1860-1876. A latter portion of the book was used to document an annual reunion (including names of attendees and minutes) of the pupils of W. E. Thompson in Unionville from 1927-1938.
This collection contains a day book dated 1897 for the E. E. Ogle Store of Gatlinburg, Tennessee.
A handwritten ledger book contains records of purchases and trades made by an unidentified general store, possibly near Lake City, Tennessee, from 1911-1912.
This collection contains two ledger books from Greeneville, Tennessee, with entries from the Board of Mayor and Alderman on tax reports, town codes, and more between 1818 and 1871.
These account books for Holston Paper Mill are a log of buyers who purchased from the company during the years 1825-1836.
This collection contains an account book for Hooper Weakley Matthews of Bellsburgh (Dickson County), Tennessee. The account book is organized chronologically.
This collection contains an account book for Hurricane Iron & Mining Company from 1840.
The collection contains one handwritten account book for Island Ford Mills in Jefferson County, Tenn. from 1863-1867.
This collection is an account book from April-June 1888 for J. Allen Smith and Company in Knoxville, Tennessee.
This collection includes a ledger dated 1911 for J. R. Payne Real Estate as inscribed on the first page. The book includes information about sales, rentals, and clients of the East Tennessee-based company. Also included are some loose materials including notes, correspondence dating between 1912-1918, and company letterhead for "J. H. Payne, Farms Any Size in Any Part of East Tennessee, Timber, Mineral and Grazing Lands."
This collection houses a ledger that tracks James Lynn's purchases from 1859-1890.
This collection contains a ledger book belong to John H. Kain, a resident of Shelbyville, Tennessee. The dates of the ledger range from 1828 to 1848.
This collection includes two account books of Dr. John W. Cates. The first book dates from July 1863 to April 1865. The second book dates from September 1878 to October 1881.
- Account books -- Tennessee. 30
- Tennessee -- Commerce. 5
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- Commerce. 3
- Account books -- Tennessee -- Jefferson County. 2
- Bedford County (Tenn.) -- History. 2
- Greene County (Tenn.) 2
- Greene County (Tenn.) -- Commerce. 2
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 2
- Merchants. 2
- Mills and mill-work -- Tennessee -- History. 2
- Physicians -- Tennessee. 2
- Unionville (Tenn.) -- History. 2
- Agriculture -- Tennessee -- History -- 19th century. 1
- Agriculture -- Tennessee. 1
- Banks and banking -- Tennessee -- Knoxville. 1
- Blacksmiths -- Tennessee. 1
- Blount County (Tenn.) 1
- Davidson County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Dickson County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Dry-goods -- Tennessee. 1
- Estates (Law) -- United States. 1
- Feed mills -- Tennessee. 1
- Gatlinburg (Tenn.) 1
- General stores -- Tennessee. 1
- Grainger County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Greeneville (Tenn.). 1
- Gristmills -- Tennessee. 1
- Hamilton County (Tenn.) 1
- Hickman County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Iron industry and trade -- Tennessee. 1
- Iron mines and mining -- Tennessee. 1
- Jefferson City (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) 1
- Land tenure -- Tennessee. 1
- Lumber trade -- Tennessee. 1
- Medicine -- Tennessee. 1
- Memphis (Tenn.) -- Commerce. 1
- Memphis (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Morristown (Tenn.) 1
- Rheatown (Tenn.) 1
- Rutherford County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Sevier County (Tenn.). 1
- Shelby County (Tenn.) 1
- Shelbyville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Tax collection -- Tennessee. 1
- Tennessee, East -- History. 1
- Tennnessee -- Politics and government -- 20th century. 1
- Women -- Tennessee -- Diaries. 1 ∧ less