Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 29
This collection houses publications, minutes, notes, directories, memorabilia, and other materials documenting the University of Tennessee's Alumni Association.
This collection houses a scrapbook compiled by Arthur Seymour documenting his time at the University of Tennessee. It contains a wide variety of materials, including newspaper articles relating to his fraternity, invitations to fraternity dances, notices of marriages, and other articles about the University.
This collection houses two scrapbooks compiled by Arthur G. Seymour documenting his time at the University of Tennessee. They include articles and mementos from University events, Kappa Sigma membership, and the many activities and honors of Seymour himself.
This collection consists of photographs collected by University of Tennessee student James S. Corbitt. The subjects depicted include the UT campus directly after the Civil War (including the earthworks built for the Battle of Fort Sanders), the 1931 College of Engineering faculty (including Nathan Dougherty and Red Matthews), Ferris Hall, football games on Shields-Watkins Field, and unidentified UT faculty members.
This collection houses minutes, notes, correspondence, photographs, and other materials documenting the University of Tennessee's Athletic Board and its relationship with the NCAA and the SEC. Of particular interest are those items showing UT's football and women's basketball programs.
This collection includes one typed copy of General Robert R. Neyland's edited autobiography. Topics covered include Neyland's deployment during the World War I &II, his political views, and his coaching career. The copy is hardback and has pencil marks for editing errors throughout the entire piece.
This collection houses photographs of the U. T. football team taken in about 1973 as well as a menu from the Downtown Club in Birmingham, Alabama.
The collection consists of Neyland's personal files, photographs, correspondence, newspaper clippings, an autobiographical manuscript of his college days, service records, scrapbooks, and yearbooks. Possibly most interesting are 2 ledgers containing Neyland's handwritten notes on various teams, hand-diagrammed plays, notes on player progress and other fascinating insights into his coaching style.
The bulk of this collection consists of correspondence, photographs, newspaper clippings, speeches, notes, and other materials documenting James D. Hoskins' work with the University of Tennessee during the 1930s and 1940s. Other materials show his involvement with the Sons of the Revolution, the genealogy of the Hoskins family, and Tennessee history.
This collection houses The Torch freshman magazine for 1937-1938, the University of Tennessee News Letter for June 1937, and a promotional magazine for the Tennessee-Georgia football game in October of 1937 documenting James E. Patterson's time at UT.
The Johnny Majors Collection contains material relating to his tenure as football coach at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. Spanning the time period 1983-1993, the collection includes correspondence, playbooks, and assorted athletic files.
This collection contains material documenting Joseph Johnson’s early years as President of the University of Tennessee, including information on campus planning, men’s and women’s athletics, and Centers of Excellence on the UT campuses. Of particular interest are the large number of letters written to Johnson regarding his firing of head football coach Johnny Majors in 1992.
This collection houses scrapbooks, correspondence, film, certificates, catalog cards, and books documenting Lexemuel Hesler and Andrew Holt.
This collection consists of photographs and corresponding negatives taken by Margaret Ann Roth. Some of the subjects depicted include football games at the University of Tennessee in the 1950s, various parts of the Smoky Mountains, and dams in various stages of construction in the East Tennessee area.
This collection contains three 8 x 10 photographs of Neyland Stadium taken from the west side bleachers during the mid-1960s. These images include interiors of the east and south sides of the stadium as well as sections of surrounding Knoxville.
This collection houses correspondence, photographs, certificates, medals, genealogical information, newspaper clippings, calling cards, bridal shower favors, published works, clothing, and other materials documenting the lives of the Smart, Smith, Miller, and Wyatt families of Indiana and Tennessee.
The Tennessee Volunteers football team encountered this menu on January 1, 1940 while traveling to the Rose Bowl on the Southern Pacific Railroad.
This collection includes personal material such as cards sent at Siler's death, awards, photographs, and articles about or by Siler. Sports files, football and basketball guides, and correspondence complete this collection reflecting the achievements and experiences of a well-respected man and journalist.
- Tennessee Volunteers (Football team). 22
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. 13
- Universities and colleges -- Tennessee. 10
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 5
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Sports. 5
- Tennessee Volunteers (Football team) -- History. 4
- Tennessee Volunteers (Football team) -- Pictorial works. 3
- Universities and colleges -- Social aspects. 3
- Education, Higher -- Tennessee. 2
- Football coaches -- United States. 2
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- History. 2
- Autobiography. 1
- Cold War. 1
- College publicity. 1
- College sports for women -- United States. 1
- Commencement ceremonies -- United States. 1
- Football -- History. 1
- Fort Sanders, Battle of, Knoxville, Tenn., 1863. 1
- Fraternal organizations -- Alabama. 1
- Great Smoky Mountains (N.C. and Tenn.) -- Pictorial works. 1
- Inverness (Fla.) -- Pictorial works. 1
- Jackson (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Jackson (Tenn.) -- Social life and customs. 1
- Lady Volunteers (Basketball team). 1
- National Collegiate Athletic Association -- History. 1
- Newton County (Ind.) -- Genealogy. 1
- Neyland Stadium (Knoxville, Tenn.). 1
- Rose Bowl (Football game). 1
- Southeastern Conference -- History. 1
- Sports journalism -- Tennessee. 1
- Stone Mountain (Ga.) -- Pictorial works. 1
- Student activities -- Tennessee. 1
- Tennessee Valley Authority -- Pictorial works. 1
- USSR, 1917-1967. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Administration. 1 ∧ less