Showing Collections: 21 - 40 of 4068
Seventy page battlefield ledger for Company B of the 117th Illinois Volunteer Infantry. The ledger includes daily medical reports from January 24th to April 15, 1863. During this time the company was stationed at Ft. Pickering, Tenn. defending Memphis. Patients are listed by name and action (i.e. excused from duty, assigned modified duty, sent to hospital, or quarantine). A small loose piece of paper -- possibly a prescription or doctor's note -- is included among the pages.
This collection houses four issues of the Shell And Flames, a quarterly newsletter distributed to members of the 137th Armored Ordnance Maintenance Battalion Association.
This collection consists of two rolls of stickers, five buttons, and a stack of bumper stickers commemorating the University of Tennessee's 175th Anniversary in 1969.
These two plastic champagne flutes commemorate the University of Tennessee's 200th anniversary, which took place in 1994.
The 306th Bombardment Group Historical Association, an organization founded to promote communication between veterans of the unit, published its first directory in April of 1984. Each of the two directories in this collection contain the names and addresses of each veteran arranged alphabetically, geographically, and by squadron.
This collection consists of a scrapbook that was compiled for the 58th reunion of the 79th Infantry Division in September 2004. The scrapbook is titled 314th Infantry Regiment and 79th Reconnaissance Troop (Mechanized), The Cross of Lorraine Division, 79th Infantry Division. An unattached article Withdrawal in Alsace is also included.
In this report, Winfield E. Thompson provides a condensed history of the 360th AAA Searchlight Battalion, which served in the US Army from 1942 June 9 to 1944 December 15. The unit trained at Camp Stewart, Georgia and went on to participate in the North African and Italian campaigns, where they were charged with the illumination of enemy aircraft for the anti-aircraft (AA) defense of … cities. In 1944 December, the unit was dismantled and absorbed into other formations.
This collection consists of a number of World War II-era aerial photographs of Bologna, Italy and surrounding areas, taken in March and April 1945 by the U. S. Army's 423rd Field Artillery Group. They show potential targets and the results of artillery shelling by American forces, including destroyed buildings and fields covered with craters.
This collection houses a compilation of papers documenting the 455th Bomb Group including military orders, photographs, and material showing the conception of the 455th Bomb Group Association. These papers provide a wealth of information about the strategic nature of the air war in Europe, the quality of life for pilots and crew members in combat, and the camaraderie of squads following the end of the war.
This collection contains materials relating to the 525th Tactical Fighter Squadron during World War II in the 1940s, including publications, histories, photographs, the diaries of S/Sgt. Virgil R. Embry and James L. Griswold, and the personal papers of First Lt. Jack Thornton.
This collection is a single copy of the publication, “1277 Engineers: History of the 1277th Engineer Combat Battalion,” which belonged to World War II veteran Jack Agee.
This collection contains the "1977 inaugural guide to Washington" published by the Inaugural Committee (U.S.: 1977). "1977 inaugural guide to Washington"The guide covers the presidental inauguration of Jimmy Carter.
The 1982 Knoxville International Energy Exposition Collection consists of five series, occupying two boxes. The collection material contains correspondence and other documents from the numerous organizations that were instrumental in bringing the World's Fair to Knoxville in 1982.
This collection contains seven color photographs showing the house standing at 2022 Terrace Avenue and the adjoining parking lot before the University of Tennessee demolished the structure in 2005.
This collection includes two copies of a typed manuscript of David J. Harkness' "A Birthday Salute to Knoxville."
E. E. Pierce presented this history of Kingston and Roane County, Tennessee to the Provisional Rotary Club of Kingston on June 15, 1954. In the document, he discusses the county's founding, Kingston's organization, early schools and industries, prominent settlers, churches, population, and average weather conditions.
This collection consists of memoir titled, A Brief History of Marine Air Warning Squadron Eight by Ed. Farmer, written in 1984. It includes a history of the Marine Air Warning Air Squadron Eight stationed in Okinawa, Japan during World War II. The booklet includes maps and personnel rosters of the various operations of MAWS-8 as they landed in Okinawa.
This collection houses sixty-six volumes documenting Swiss immigrant Alfred Buffat's life and work in Knox County, Tennessee.
This letter, dated January 2, 1856, is addressed from A. Church to N.B. McMullen of Knoxville, Tennessee. The correspondence concerns the recommendation of a “Mr. Gray,” for a professorship position.
- Language: English X
- Universities and colleges -- Tennessee. 314
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 289
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. 284
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 258
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 245
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 120
- United States. Army. 99
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 97
- Education, Higher -- Tennessee. 96
- World War, 1939-1945. 95
- Tennessee -- History. 81
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- History. 81
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe. 58
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 57
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Correspondence. 55
- United States. Navy. 52
- Correspondence. 51
- Radiation -- Research. 50
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 49
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 49
- Soldiers -- Ohio -- Correspondence. 48
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 48
- Authors, American -- Tennessee. 44
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Area. 43
- Tennessee -- Politics and government. 41
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 40
- Nashville (Tenn.) -- History. 39
- Great Smoky Mountains (N.C. and Tenn.). 38
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Faculty. 37
- Slavery -- Tennessee 35
- Tennessee -- Politics and government -- 1865-1950. 34
- Soldiers -- Tennessee -- Correspondence. 33
- Tennessee -- Commerce. 31
- Account books -- Tennessee. 30
- United States. Army Air Forces. 30
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Correspondence. 30
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Europe. 30
- Davidson County (Tenn.) -- History. 29
- Authors, American -- 20th century. 28
- United States. Air Force. 27
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Administration. 27
- County courts -- Tennessee. 25
- Motion pictures -- United States. 25
- Photographs. 25
- Lawyers -- Tennessee. 24
- Legal documents -- Tennessee. 24
- Tennessee -- Genealogy. 24
- Tennessee -- Politics and government -- To 1865. 24
- Tennessee, East -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 24
- Great Smoky Mountains (N.C. and Tenn.) -- Pictorial works. 23
- Account books. 22
- Governors -- Tennessee. 22
- Knox County (Tenn.) -- History. 22
- Land tenure -- Tennessee. 22
- Legal documents -- United States. 22
- Memphis (Tenn.) -- History. 22
- Tennessee -- Religion. 22
- United States. Marine Corps. 22
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Alumni and alumnae. 22
- Tennessee Volunteers (Football team). 21
- United States -- Politics and government -- 20th century. 21
- Knoxville (Tenn.) 20
- Broadsides 19
- Education -- Tennessee. 19
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- Commerce. 19
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park (N.C. and Tenn.). 18
- Land grants -- Tennessee. 18
- Great Smoky Mountains (N.C. and Tenn.) -- History. 17
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- Pictorial works. 17
- Tennessee Valley Authority -- History. 17
- United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783. 17
- World War, 1914-1918. 17
- Authors, American -- Southern States. 16
- Radiobiology. 16
- Railroads -- Tennessee. 16
- Tennessee -- Pictorial works. 16
- Washington County (Tenn.) -- History. 16
- World War, 1914-1918 -- United States. 16
- Court records -- Tennessee -- Knox County. 15
- Screenplays 15
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Prisoners and prisons. 15
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Periodicals. 15
- American literature -- 20th century. 14
- Medicine -- Tennessee. 14
- Nashville (Tenn.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 14
- Reconstruction (U.S. history, 1865-1877) -- Tennessee. 14
- Tennessee, East -- History. 14
- United States. Army. Air Corps. 14
- College presidents -- Tennessee. 13
- Great Smoky Mountains (N.C. and Tenn.) -- Social life and customs. 13
- Politicians -- Tennessee. 13
- Presbyterians -- Tennessee. 13
- Sevier County (Tenn.). 13
- Sheet music. 13
- United States -- Description and travel. 13
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives, Confederate. 13
- Women -- Education -- Tennessee. 13
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Africa, North. 13
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- France. 13
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Italy. 13 ∧ less
- American Red Cross 2
- Staub, Peter, 1827-1904 2