Showing Collections: 121 - 140 of 4002
Agricultural Extension Service (Forestry Division) Publications and Photographs
This collection houses 4-H Club programs, forestry pamphlets, landscaping and shrubbery publications, and photographs documenting the Forestry Division of the University of Tennessee's Agricultural Extension Service.
Agricultural Extension Service (Forestry Division) Slides
This collection houses slides documenting the University of Tennessee Agricultural Extension Service's Forestry Division. Among the subjects depicted are trees, field trips, tree diseases, and insects. Also included are presentations about identifying trees, some of which were created by the Audio-Visual Resource Center at Cornell University and come with audio recordings on cassette tape.
Agricultural Ledgers and Time Books
This collection consists of four agricultural ledgers and two time books. The six volumes in this collection contain several entries, which extend from the years of 1858 to 1890.
Agricultural Worker Photographs
This collection contains two copies of two photographs of an African-American agricultural worker, carrying a cut Cream of Wheat box with nails poked through and filled with cut sunflower heads.
Agur Castle Letters
Air Defense and Warfare Publications
Al Bravin Collection
This collection includes various letters written to and by Al Bravin, a Mess Sergeant in the 3rd Division of the 47th Infantry, during World War II as well as news clippings featuring articles about his division's service.
Al Gore, Jr., Papers
The three letters included in the Al Gore, Jr., Papers, 1976-1977, request Representative Benjamin S. Rosenthal to assign Gore a seat on a House committee - Interstate and Foreign Commerce Committee, Appropriations Committee, and a number of other possible seats.
Al Watson Collection
This collection from Al Watson consists of over 1,500 color photographs taken by Watson documenting trails, vistas, and other scenery within the Great Smoky Mountains. Also included are pamphlets, correspondence, reports, and other papers documenting activities of the Smoky Mountains Hiking Club as well as other activities related to the Great Smoky Mountains.
Al Yeomans Map Collection
This collection includes maps of Central Europe, the Middle and Near East, Scandinavia, Austria, and Alaska as well as a regional atlas and a world map all dating from the early to mid 20th century.
Alabama Office of Treasurer Stock Certificate
This collection consists of stock certificate number 142 from the state of Alabama for $500 at 8 percent, issued March 1, 1861. Issued for military defense from the Office of the Treasurer, the certificate is signed by W. J. Greene, the comptroller of public accounts, and Governor A. B. Moore.
Alan D. Conger Papers Regarding Karl Sax
This collection consists of letters to and from Alan D. Conger about Dr. Karl Sax and his wife, Dr. Hally Sax, newspaper articles about Dr. Sax, programs for award ceremonies given for Dr. Sax, a photograph of Dr. Karl Sax receiving an award, and published writings of Sax.
Alan S. Heilman Postcard Collection
Donated by Dr. Alan S. Heilman himself, this postcard collection documents thirty years of friendly correspondence between academic acquaintances. These botanical photographic postcards provide brief insight to his time as a professor at the University of Tennessee from 1980 to 1997, sampling his continued passion for botanical photography in his retirement through the year 2009.
Alan S. Heilman's Botany Department Photographs
This collection consists of photographs taken by Alan S. Heilman of the University of Tennessee's Department of Botany. These images depict faculty members, students, meetings, fieldtrips, groups of people, and the biology building after it was destroyed by fire in 1934. The bulk of the photographs were taken between 1960 and 2004. The collection also houses negatives dating from 1962 to 1986.
Albert Burke's "A Way of Thinking" Broadcast Transcriptions
Transcriptions of Dr. Albert Burke's educational television show, "A Way of Thinking," broadcast from 1960-1962.
Albert Emil Staub Certificate and Photographs
This collection consists primarily of a Testimonial of Service that the Louisville & Nashville Railroad Company presented to Albert Emil Staub when he retired on December 31, 1947 after 43 years of service. Also included are five snapshots of Staub and his wife, a clipping from the L & N Magazine, and a service book from Staub's funeral.
Albert F. Tramposch World War II Papers
This collection is that of Albert F. Tramposch, Staff Sergeant of the 529th Fighter Squadron stationed in China during World War Two. The years spanning this collection are from 1942 to 1946 and contain diaries, photographs, memorabilia, pamphlets and booklets, publications, maps and personal military files.
Albert G. (Dutch) Roth Photo Album
This collection consists of a photo album by Albert G. (Dutch) Roth, containing pictures of the Smoky Mountains and the Smoky Mountain Hiking Club. The earliest dated photograph is December 1925; the latest dated photograph is May 2, 1937.
Albert G. Welcker Bill and Letter
This collection consists of a political letter and bill addressed to Albert G. Welcker.
Albert Gallatin Welcker Papers
This collection consists of correspondence, court transcripts, financial papers, and other papers from Albert Gallatin Welcker, a lawyer in Cleveland, Tennessee. The papers are both of personal and professional nature.
- Language: English X
- Universities and colleges -- Tennessee. 303
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 289
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. 278
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 267
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 245
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 121
- United States. Army. 100
- World War, 1939-1945. 99
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 98
- Education, Higher -- Tennessee. 92
- Tennessee -- History. 79
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- History. 79
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe. 59
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 56
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Correspondence. 55
- United States. Navy. 51
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 51
- Correspondence. 50
- Radiation -- Research. 50
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 49
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 49
- Soldiers -- Ohio -- Correspondence. 48
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Faculty. 46
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Area. 45
- Authors, American -- Tennessee. 43
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 40
- Tennessee -- Politics and government. 40
- Nashville (Tenn.) -- History. 39
- Great Smoky Mountains (N.C. and Tenn.). 38
- Slavery -- Tennessee 34
- Tennessee -- Politics and government -- 1865-1950. 34
- Soldiers -- Tennessee -- Correspondence. 33
- United States. Army Air Forces. 31
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Correspondence. 31
- Tennessee -- Commerce. 30
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Europe. 30
- Account books -- Tennessee. 29
- Authors, American -- 20th century. 28
- Davidson County (Tenn.) -- History. 27
- Motion pictures -- United States. 27
- United States. Air Force. 27
- County courts -- Tennessee. 25
- Photographs. 25
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Administration. 25
- Great Smoky Mountains (N.C. and Tenn.) -- Pictorial works. 24
- Legal documents -- Tennessee. 24
- Tennessee, East -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 24
- Lawyers -- Tennessee. 23
- Tennessee -- Genealogy. 23
- Tennessee -- Politics and government -- To 1865. 23
- Tennessee -- Religion. 23
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Alumni and alumnae. 23
- Account books. 22
- Governors -- Tennessee. 22
- Knox County (Tenn.) -- History. 22
- Legal documents -- United States. 22
- Memphis (Tenn.) -- History. 22
- United States. Marine Corps. 22
- United States -- Politics and government -- 20th century. 21
- Knoxville (Tenn.) 20
- Land tenure -- Tennessee. 20
- Tennessee Volunteers (Football team). 20
- Broadsides 19
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- Commerce. 19
- Education -- Tennessee. 18
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park (N.C. and Tenn.). 18
- World War, 1914-1918. 18
- Great Smoky Mountains (N.C. and Tenn.) -- History. 17
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- Pictorial works. 17
- Tennessee Valley Authority -- History. 17
- World War, 1914-1918 -- United States. 17
- Authors, American -- Southern States. 16
- Land grants -- Tennessee. 16
- Railroads -- Tennessee. 16
- Screenplays 16
- Tennessee -- Pictorial works. 16
- Radiobiology. 15
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Prisoners and prisons. 15
- United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783. 15
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Periodicals. 15
- American literature -- 20th century. 14
- Court records -- Tennessee -- Knox County. 14
- Medicine -- Tennessee. 14
- Nashville (Tenn.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 14
- Reconstruction (U.S. history, 1865-1877) -- Tennessee. 14
- Sheet music. 14
- Tennessee, East -- History. 14
- United States -- Description and travel. 14
- United States. Army. Air Corps. 14
- Washington County (Tenn.) -- History. 14
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- France. 14
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Medical care. 14
- College presidents -- Tennessee. 13
- Presbyterians -- Tennessee. 13
- Sevier County (Tenn.). 13
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives, Confederate. 13
- Women -- Education -- Tennessee. 13
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Aerial operations, American. 13
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Africa, North. 13
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Italy. 13 ∧ less
- French 1
- German 1
- Italian 1
- American Red Cross 2
- Staub, Peter, 1827-1904 2