Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
This collection contains statistics on minority faculty, staff, and students, plans for desegregation, records of the statewide Desegregation Monitoring Committee, and information relating to the stipulations of Geier fulfillment documenting the enhancement of diversity at the University of Tennessee.
This collection houses an orientation handbook for black students issued by the Black Students' Union in 1969. It includes an introduction to the Black Students’ Union, statements from the organization's President, information about academics and social life, and photos of People to Know, including admissions counselors, faculty, and athletes.
This collection contains materials documenting the Commission for Blacks at the University of Tennessee, an advisory group to the Chancellor designed to address issues affecting black faculty, staff, and students on campus. Materials include statements of goals, meeting agendas, correspondence, reports of complaints over racial issues, and other documents.
Collection contains a single mounted photograph of the 1912 Lane College baseball team. The image depicts thirteen African American men including ten uniformed players and three men in suits. This photograph belonged to Arthur Riley, the catcher for the team. On the back of the mounting, the names of the players and their positions are written.
This collection houses information documenting minority student affairs on the University of Tennessee campus, including statistics on black enrollment, handbooks, information on black studies programs, newsletters, and other materials.
This collection contains material documenting the formation and activities of the University’s Task Force on Blacks, which was created to monitor the condition of and provide policy recommendations for black students, faculty, and staff. The collection contains a wide variety of material, including summaries of interviews with various administrators, reports from colleges and departments, student responses to questionnaires, and other materials.
- Subject: African American college students -- Tennessee. X
- Universities and colleges -- Tennessee. 5
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. 4
- African American teachers. 3
- African Americans -- Education. 3
- African Americans -- Tennessee. 2
- Education, Higher -- Social aspects. 2
- Race relations -- Tennessee. 2
- Segregation in higher education -- United States. 2
- Affirmative action programs in education -- Tennessee. 1
- African American farmers -- Tennessee. 1
- Agricultural laborers. 1
- Civil rights -- Mississippi. 1
- Civil rights -- Periodicals. 1
- Civil rights -- Tennessee. 1
- Civil rights movements -- Southern States -- History -- 20th century. 1
- College sports -- Southern States -- History. 1
- Discrimination in higher education -- United States. 1
- Haywood County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Jackson (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- Race relations. 1
- Minority college students -- Tennessee. 1
- Mississippi Freedom Project. 1
- School integration -- Southern States. 1
- Southern States -- Social conditions -- Periodicals. 1
- Student movements -- Tennessee. 1
- X, Malcolm, 1925-1965. Speeches. Selections 1 ∧ less