Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
This collection houses materials that Dr. Horace C. Smith gathered while writing a history of the University of Tennessee's Agriculture program entitled Honored Calling: A History of the College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources. Although the work was compiled in preparation for the University's bicentennial celebration in 1994, Dr. Smith's death delayed the final product until 1999.
The University of Tennessee Institute of Agriculture (including the College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources, the College of Veterinary Medicine, the Agricultural Experiment Station, and the UT Extension Service) published this newsletter in May of 2008. It discusses a $26 million Department of Energy grant and provides news on faculty activities among other topics.
This collection contains a ticket, a dedication program, an invitation, and a copy of the November 1949 Tennessee Extension Review documenting the dedication of the Jim Nance McCord Dairy Building.
This collection houses two programs documenting the Middle Tennessee Farmers' Institute and the West Tennessee Farmers' Institute held in 1905. The event's participants included the Tennessee Department of Agriculture, the University of Tennessee Agricultural Extension Station, individual UT professors, and representatives of other universities.
This printed document requests that the General Assembly of the State of Tennessee grant a charter to incorporate the Agricultural Society with power to establish an Agricultural College and Experimental Farm.
This collection houses bound records documenting experiments conducted at the West Tennessee Experiment Station in 1909 and 1924. These experiments involved rotation of crops and livestock, corn, hay and pasture grasses, soybeans, and cotton.
- Subject: Agriculture -- Study and teaching. X