Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Alwin Thaler Papers on Jane Merchant
This collection contains letters between Alwin Thaler and poet Jane Merchant, as well as newspaper articles, original poems, and a speech describing Merchant's works.
Dates: 1952-1972, undated
Betsey B. and David D. Creekmore Collection
Abstract This collection includes many materials from Creekmore’s writing career including notes, drafts, photographs, correspondence, financial documents, publicity materials, and works that were never published. Personal papers include family correspondence, photographs, and mementos. These are about Creekmore, her family, and several ancestors. Records from Creekmore’s civic engagement come from her work with the Garden Club, Dogwood Arts Festival, Junior League, and various historic concerns...
Poetry Contest Submissions
This collection houses fourteen student poems that were entered into a 1940 poetry contest at the University of Tennessee.
Shirley Whitney Kerr Collection of Jane Merchant Material
This collection contains correspondence, magazine and newspaper articles, notes, and objects all concerning Jane Merchant that Shirley Whitney Kerr collected and kept over the years she knew Merchant and after Merchant's death in 1972.
- Subject: American poetry -- Tennessee. X
- Correspondence. 2
- Children's stories, American. 1
- Christian poetry, American. 1
- College students' writings, American -- Tennessee. 1
- College verse, American -- Tennessee. 1
- Dogwood Arts Festival (Knoxville, Tenn.) 1
- Gardening 1
- Handicraft -- Tennessee. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Poets, American -- 20th century. 1
- Poets, American -- Southern States. 1
- Poets, American -- Tennessee -- Knoxville. 1
- Universities and colleges -- Tennessee. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. 1
- floral photography 1 ∧ less