Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
This collection contains letters between Alwin Thaler and poet Jane Merchant, as well as newspaper articles, original poems, and a speech describing Merchant's works.
This collection consists of manuscripts of several English textbooks edited by David Madden. It also contains the thesis Feminist Hard-Boiled Detective Fiction as Political Protest in the Tradition of Women Proletarian Writers of the 1930s by his student, Laura Ng. In addition, several manuscripts of novels and short stories of Madden's literary clients are included.
This collection is an addendum to the Allen Poetry Collection, which constitutes of a set of poetry books now housed in the Rare Books section of the Special Collections Library. This addition consists of an essay written by F. J. House entitled The Influence of Poetry.
This collection is a manuscript written by Marilyn Kallet entitled "Honest Simplicity in William Carlos Williams' "Asphodel, That Greeny Flower"". In it, Kallet provides a study of the effect of turmoil on William Carlos Williams' output and theorizing. For Kallet, "Asphodel, That Greeny Flower" is a poem that reaches into the depths of Williams' creative spirit.
Collection houses twenty-six poetry journals of James A. Perkins. Each journal is a composition notebook that contains a year's worth of writing, notes, addresses, pictures, assignments, and business cards. This collection contains journals from 1985 to 2011.
This collection houses fourteen student poems that were entered into a 1940 poetry contest at the University of Tennessee.
This collection contains correspondence, magazine and newspaper articles, notes, and objects all concerning Jane Merchant that Shirley Whitney Kerr collected and kept over the years she knew Merchant and after Merchant's death in 1972.
This collection includes a reproduction of a handwritten page by William Wertenbaker in 1869 about his time with Edgar Allan Poe at the University of Virginia in 1826. The letter in this collection is not an original.
- Subject: American poetry. X
- American poetry -- Tennessee. 4
- American poetry. 3
- American poetry -- 19th century. 2
- Correspondence. 2
- Poets, American. 2
- Aesthetics, Ancient -- Poetry. 1
- American literature -- 20th century. 1
- American literature -- History and criticism. 1
- Authors, American. 1
- Baccalaureate addresses. 1
- Children's stories, American. 1
- Christian poetry, American. 1
- College readers. 1
- College students' writings, American -- Tennessee. 1
- College students. 1
- College verse, American -- Tennessee. 1
- Dogwood Arts Festival (Knoxville, Tenn.) 1
- English language -- Rhetoric -- Problems, exercises, etc. 1
- English poetry -- 18th Century. 1
- English poetry. 1
- Gardening 1
- Handicraft -- Tennessee. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Love poetry, American. 1
- Poets, American -- 20th century. 1
- Poets, American -- Southern States. 1
- Poets, American -- Tennessee -- Knoxville. 1
- Short Stories, American. 1
- Universities and colleges -- Tennessee. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Faculty. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. 1
- floral photography 1 ∧ less