Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Alwin Thaler Papers on Jane Merchant
This collection contains letters between Alwin Thaler and poet Jane Merchant, as well as newspaper articles, original poems, and a speech describing Merchant's works.
"Belated Answer" by Jane Merchant
This collection consists of a single handwritten poem by Jane Merchant. The poem, "Belated Answer," is written in response to an Emily Dickinson poem, "This is My Letter to the World," the first two lines of which are written at the top of the page.
Betsey B. and David D. Creekmore Collection
David Madden Papers
This collection consists of manuscripts of several English textbooks edited by David Madden. It also contains the thesis Feminist Hard-Boiled Detective Fiction as Political Protest in the Tradition of Women Proletarian Writers of the 1930s by his student, Laura Ng. In addition, several manuscripts of novels and short stories of Madden's literary clients are included.
"Honest Simplicity in William Carlos Williams' "Asphodel, That Greeny Flower""
This collection is a manuscript written by Marilyn Kallet entitled "Honest Simplicity in William Carlos Williams' "Asphodel, That Greeny Flower"". In it, Kallet provides a study of the effect of turmoil on William Carlos Williams' output and theorizing. For Kallet, "Asphodel, That Greeny Flower" is a poem that reaches into the depths of Williams' creative spirit.
James A. Perkins Poetry Journals
Collection houses twenty-six poetry journals of James A. Perkins. Each journal is a composition notebook that contains a year's worth of writing, notes, addresses, pictures, assignments, and business cards. This collection contains journals from 1985 to 2011.
Poetry Contest Submissions
This collection houses fourteen student poems that were entered into a 1940 poetry contest at the University of Tennessee.
Shirley Whitney Kerr Collection of Jane Merchant Material
This collection contains correspondence, magazine and newspaper articles, notes, and objects all concerning Jane Merchant that Shirley Whitney Kerr collected and kept over the years she knew Merchant and after Merchant's death in 1972.
William Wertenbaker on Edgar Allan Poe
This collection includes a reproduction of a handwritten page by William Wertenbaker in 1869 about his time with Edgar Allan Poe at the University of Virginia in 1826. The letter in this collection is not an original.
- Subject: American poetry. X
- American poetry -- Tennessee. 4
- American poetry. 4
- Correspondence. 2
- Poets, American. 2
- American literature -- 20th century. 1
- American literature -- History and criticism. 1
- American poetry -- 19th century. 1
- Authors, American. 1
- Children's stories, American. 1
- Christian poetry, American. 1
- College readers. 1
- College students' writings, American -- Tennessee. 1
- College students. 1
- College verse, American -- Tennessee. 1
- Dogwood Arts Festival (Knoxville, Tenn.) 1
- English language -- Rhetoric -- Problems, exercises, etc. 1
- English poetry. 1
- Gardening 1
- Handicraft -- Tennessee. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Love poetry, American. 1
- Poets, American -- 20th century. 1
- Poets, American -- Southern States. 1
- Poets, American -- Tennessee -- Knoxville. 1
- Poets, American -- Tennessee. 1
- Short Stories, American. 1
- Universities and colleges -- Tennessee. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Faculty. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. 1
- Women poets, American -- Tennessee. 1
- floral photography 1 ∧ less