Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
This collection contains a deposition taken by the hand of Arthur Crozier, Justice of the Peace for Anderson County, in the two cases of Charles Y. Oliver vs. Charles McCormick in 1835.
This eight-page circular, addressed to the voters of Knox and Anderson counties, provides a brief history of Gunn’s life with references to his character, as part of his campaign for the Tennessee House of Representatives against General Dunlap and Colonel Tunnel.
This collection houses a small bill of sale written by John Gibbs of Anderson County, Tennessee, on October 2, 1837. It documents Gibbs' sale of an enslaved boy named Calloway to John McAdoo for $150.
This document, dated May 1, 1802, records Patrick Campbell's sale of seventy acres of land in Anderson County, Tennessee near Copper Ridge to William Ussery for a fee of $35.
This collection houses a letter and a series of seven articles documenting the history of Windrock Mountain. All of the articles were printed in Newsweek, a newspaper published in Oliver Springs, Tennessee.
This is a list compiled by Snyder E. Roberts of the Revolutionary War soldiers that lived in Anderson County, TN at some point in their lives. The author compiled this list based on research from several sources.
This collection contains the personal correspondence and professional papers of Walter E. Fischer, lawyer in Clinton, Tennessee. Much of the material documents his efforts leading up to and during the desegregation of schools in Clinton in the late 1950s.
William Jones (nephew of Samuel Roberts) collected these papers. He and Richard Roberts were the trustees of Samuel Roberts' will and were entrusted with the responsibility of seeing the land claims through to resolution. Included are copies of documents dealing with original land purchases from E. D. Saxton, maps showing the locations of the purchased tracts, testimonies of William and Richard Edward Jones, and brief accounts of the history of the Welsh Colony written by William Jones.
This collection houses letters, charts, agreements, invoices, minutes, statements, and studies documenting the activities of the West Ridge Corporation in Oak Ridge, Tennessee.
This collection houses bank statements, bonds, loans, taxes, dividends, check stubs, and reports documenting the activities of the West Ridge Corporation in Oak Ridge, Tennessee.
- Subject: Anderson County (Tenn.) -- History. X
- Land subdivision -- Tennessee -- Oak Ridge. 2
- Oak Ridge (Tenn.) -- History. 2
- Anderson County (Tenn.) 1
- Clinton (Tenn.) -- Race relations. 1
- Cumberland Mountains. 1
- Justice, Administration of -- Tennessee -- History. 1
- Knox County (Tenn.) -- Politics and government. 1
- Land tenure -- Tennessee -- Anderson County. 1
- Law -- Tennessee. 1
- Lawyers -- Tennessee. 1
- Legal documents -- Tennessee. 1
- Morgan County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Racism -- Tennessee -- Clinton. 1
- School integration -- Tennessee -- Clinton -- History. 1
- Scott County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Slavery -- Tennessee 1
- Tennessee -- Emigration and immigration. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783. 1
- United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783. 1
- Welsh -- Tennessee. 1 ∧ less