Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
This collection contains correspondence, manuscripts, articles, newsclippings, pamphlets, and books concerning author Laura Thornburgh and her book, The Great Smoky Mountains.
The Norbert F. Riedl Collection includes research files on such topics as architecture, clothing and costume, cockfighting, food and cooking, games and recreation, legends, medicines and remedies, music, quilting, snake handling, and customs pertaining to marriage, divorce, death and burial. There is also material about the mysterious Melungeons of Hancock and Hawkins Counties and there is a group of tape recordings which relate to many of the file topics.
The Wilma Dykeman and James R. Stokely Jr. Papers contain personal and family related material, correspondence, research material, manuscripts, and visual media pertaining to the life and works of author and historian Wilma Dykeman and her husband, poet James R. Stokely Jr. The collection spans 1807-2011 with the bulk of the material dating between 1934 and 2007.
- Appalachian Region, Southern -- Religion. 2
- Appalachian Region. 2
- Women authors, American -- Southern States. 2
- American literature -- Southern States. 1
- American literature -- Women authors. 1
- Appalachian Region -- History. 1
- Appalachian Region -- Social conditions. 1
- Appalachian Region, Southern -- Social life and customs. 1
- Authors, American -- Southern States. 1
- Cherokee Indians -- Tennessee -- History. 1
- Folklore -- Tennessee, East. 1
- Great Smoky Mountains (N.C. and Tenn.). 1
- Melungeons -- History. 1
- Tennessee, East -- Social life and customs. 1
- Women -- Southern States. 1 ∧ less