Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
The Evelyn Scott Letters, 1946-1949, contains two letters to Bob Evans, one concerning Scott's whereabouts from director of Yaddo, Elizabeth Ames, and the other from Scott herself.
Kathryn Worth wrote nineteen of the letters and cards in this collection to her publicist and friend Helen Fay. In them, she thanks Fay for her work and her kindness, tells stories about her daughter Josephine, and occasionally refers to her books. One letter, dated February 13, 1949, refuses a visit from Fay due to intense spiritual struggle beyond her inherent shyness. The collection also houses a letter from Esther to Fay dated June 22, 1960.
This collection contains correspondence, manuscripts, articles, newsclippings, pamphlets, and books concerning author Laura Thornburgh and her book, The Great Smoky Mountains.
This collection consists of a single manuscript page from The Dundine. Attached is a photo of Maria Thompson Daviess, autographed to John J. Wood.
This collection houses materials documenting Peggy Bach's scholarly work, including her unfinished biography of Evelyn Scott.
This manuscript collection constitutes an addition to MS.2047: Peggy Bach Collection, 1919-1996. Box 1 houses Bach's professional and personal correspondence, arranged alphabetically. Box 2 contains materials documenting Bach's scholarly writing and the grants and fellowships that she applied for. Box 3 shows with Bach's efforts to gather Evelyn Scott-related material from other institutions.
The Wilma Dykeman and James R. Stokely Jr. Papers contain personal and family related material, correspondence, research material, manuscripts, and visual media pertaining to the life and works of author and historian Wilma Dykeman and her husband, poet James R. Stokely Jr. The collection spans 1807-2011 with the bulk of the material dating between 1934 and 2007.
- American literature -- Women authors. 2
- Appalachian Region, Southern -- Women. 2
- Authors, American -- Tennessee. 2
- American literature -- Southern States. 1
- Appalachian Region -- History. 1
- Appalachian Region -- Social conditions. 1
- Appalachian Region, Southern -- Religion. 1
- Appalachian Region. 1
- Authors, American -- Southern States. 1
- Cherokee Indians -- Tennessee -- History. 1
- Great Smoky Mountains (N.C. and Tenn.). 1
- Women -- Southern States. 1
- Women authors, American -- 20th century -- Correspondence. 1 ∧ less