Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
This collection consists of a list of textbooks approved for use in the Blount County public schools, under Robert Walker, superintendent. The paper also contains handwritten notes relating to anatomy.
This collection houses nine letters written to and from members of the Johnson family of Blount County, Tennessee between 1884 and 1888. Among the topics discussed are farm work, prices of livestock and crops, illnesses, travel, the children's education, and other aspects of family life.
This collection consists of material relating to the Rhea family of Sullivan County, Tennessee and covers the time period 1807-1931. Contained within the collection are Civil War-era records, John Rhea's financial transactions, Sons of Temperance financial transactions, material on Samuel Rhea's missionary trips to Persia, and John Rhea's correspondence. Also are included are Rhea genealogical material and various church records.
The Tennessee Militia Record Book and James Thompson Gamble Account Book, 1840-1885, contains the records of both the 20th Regiment of the Tennessee Militia in Blount County (1840-1854) and the business of Gamble in Maryville (1870-1885).
This document, signed by Governor Willie Blount on August 6, 1812, grants a parcel of land in Blount County to William Harris. It includes a detailed table and map showing the tract's exact location.
- Subject: Blount County (Tenn.) -- History. X
- Communication in families -- United States. 1
- Cotton trade -- Southern States -- History -- 19th century. 1
- Family life -- Tennessee. 1
- Land grants -- Tennessee. 1
- Land tenure -- Tennessee -- Blount County. 1
- Maryville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Missionaries, American. 1
- Sullivan County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Tennessee. Militia -- History. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Claims. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783. 1
- United States -- History -- War of 1812. 1 ∧ less