Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
This collection consists of a letter from Union Sgt. Edward Summers, Co. B. Kentucky Calvary Regiment, to his cousin Arthur Johnson on November 2, 1863. Summers gives a detailed account of his unit's movements following his enlistment on October 21, 1861 at Louisville, Ky., including involvement in the Battle of Chickamauga.
This collection includes a number of letters written from and of Joseph Oliver Freeman to his family during his service in the Confederate army from 1862-1864. Typed transcriptions are included along with the letters.
This collection consists of two letters written sixteen years apart. The first, possibly written around 1916, is by Colonel S. B. Moe describing his experiences during the Battle of Chickamauga in 1863. The letter was given to Anne Hyde, who wrote another letter in 1932 describing how she came into ownership of it.
- Subject: Chickamauga, Battle of, Ga., 1863. X
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Campaigns -- Tennessee. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Correspondence. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1