Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
A single handwritten deed of trust written by A. R. Reeves to R. M. Jones in Cocke County, Tennessee in 1905.
The collection consists of one document, signed and sealed by former President William McKinley, to announce the appointment of Alexander Ragan as postmaster for Newport, Tennessee on February 15, 1898.
Cocke County Court of Pleas and Quarter Sessions Transcript Regarding Joseph Dameron v. Harris Dewitt
This collection contains the original court documents from the Joseph Dameron v. Harris Dewitt trial that took place from 1806-1807 in Cocke County, Tennessee. The manuscript is a transcript of the trial, covering its process and events.
The collection contains the personal and professional papers of Henry G. Killgore, a Justice of the Peace in Cocke County, Tennessee. Included in these documents are legal papers and write-ups, account keepers and receipts, and personal letters to family and friends.
Four Cocke County documents dating between 1910, 1920, and 1935. They record Joseph A. Shelton's registration to vote, his exemption from the poll tax, and his wife Cleo's payment of property taxes.
This collection is the photograph album of Mary K. Barden. These are photographs of rural farmers, teachers, and missionaries in Tennessee from 1915 to 1925. These pictures were taken in Hartford, Tennessee and its surrounding areas.
- Subject: Cocke County (Tenn.) -- History. X
- Affidavits -- Tennessee. 1
- County courts -- Tennessee. 1
- Education -- Tennessee, East. 1
- Education -- Tennessee. 1
- Farmers -- Tennessee. 1
- Land tenure -- Tennessee -- Cocke County. 1
- Newport (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Photograph albums -- United States. 1
- Photographs. 1
- Tax collection -- Tennessee. 1
- Teachers -- Tennessee. 1
- Tennessee, East. 1
- United States Postal Service -- Employees. 1
- Voter registration 1
- Women teachers -- Tennessee. 1 ∧ less