Showing Collections: 1 - 17 of 17
This collection is composed primarily of memorabilia documenting Bet Fryer's time at the University of Tennessee, including newspaper clippings, programs, brochures, certificates, trophies, and a cap.
This collection houses an orientation handbook for black students issued by the Black Students' Union in 1969. It includes an introduction to the Black Students’ Union, statements from the organization's President, information about academics and social life, and photos of People to Know, including admissions counselors, faculty, and athletes.
This collection contains materials dating from 1883 to 1887, during which time the University was without a President and the Chairman of the Faculty assumed the presidential responsibilities. The three faculty who held this title were Rodes Massie (1883-1885), Eben Alexander (1885-1886), and Samuel B. Crawford (1886-1887).
This collection contains materials documenting the Commission for Blacks at the University of Tennessee, an advisory group to the Chancellor designed to address issues affecting black faculty, staff, and students on campus. Materials include statements of goals, meeting agendas, correspondence, reports of complaints over racial issues, and other documents.
This collection houses meeting minutes, reports, papers, notes, and records of awards documenting the activities of the University of Tennessee's Commission for Women from 1970 to 2002. The bulk of the material dates from the 1980s.
This collection houses annual reports, papers, and other materials documenting the Dean of Women at the University of Tennessee.
This collection houses photocopies of two scrapbooks that Lou Daughtry compiled during her time at the University of Tennessee (1950-1952). Among the items included are clippings, programs, photographs, invitations, ticket stubs, and calendars.
The collection consists of personal papers, correspondence, pencil drawings and oversized newspapers created or collected by Mildred McPherson and her family between the years 1899 to 1988.
This collection houses information documenting minority student affairs on the University of Tennessee campus, including statistics on black enrollment, handbooks, information on black studies programs, newsletters, and other materials.
This collection houses fourteen student poems that were entered into a 1940 poetry contest at the University of Tennessee.
This collection houses a variety of materials documenting student activities and organizations at the University of Tennessee between 1838 and 1991.
The bulk of these photographs depict the Carnicus events held at the University of Tennessee in 1958 and 1959. Other images show All Sing (1958) and the UT Band.
The first section of this collection houses the excuses that students submitted to explain their absence from either class or chapel. Some claimed the standard excuse of illness, while others were considerably more creative. The second section houses correspondence documenting the Maude Powell Student Aid Fund and the Student Aid Committee.
This collection contains material documenting the formation and activities of the University’s Task Force on Blacks, which was created to monitor the condition of and provide policy recommendations for black students, faculty, and staff. The collection contains a wide variety of material, including summaries of interviews with various administrators, reports from colleges and departments, student responses to questionnaires, and other materials.
This collection houses two scrapbooks produced by the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. Each contains a summation of the University's history from 1794 to 1897 on the inside cover and official University photographs of the main buildings on campus. The first scrapbook was never used but the second belonged to University of Tennessee student Harriette Locke Arnell and documents her time at the University from September 1919 to June 1920.
The Visual Arts Committee produced this brochure to promote art displays in the University Center concourse and visiting artist lectures scheduled during the 1999-2000 academic year.
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. 13
- Universities and colleges -- Tennessee. 11
- Women college students -- Tennessee. 6
- College students -- Tennessee. 5
- African American college students -- Tennessee. 4
- Education, Higher -- Tennessee. 3
- Greek letter societies -- Tennessee -- Knoxville. 3
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- History. 3
- African American teachers. 2
- African Americans -- Education. 2
- College student newspapers and periodicals. 2
- Education, Higher -- Social aspects. 2
- Military cadets -- Tennessee. 2
- Race relations -- Tennessee. 2
- Student activities -- Tennessee. 2
- Affirmative action programs -- Tennessee. 1
- African American college students -- Scholarships, fellowships, etc. -- Tennessee. 1
- American poetry -- Tennessee. 1
- College student government. 1
- College students' writings, American -- Tennessee. 1
- College students. 1
- College verse, American -- Tennessee. 1
- Correspondence. 1
- High schools -- Tennessee. 1
- Letters. 1
- Minority college students -- Tennessee. 1
- State universities and colleges -- Tennessee. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Alumni and alumnae. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Funds and scholarships. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Students. 1 ∧ less